Amentum has an opening for a highly skilled and experienced HVAC lead for office and warehouse facilities in Richmond, VA. This is typically a M-F 7:30-4PM work schedule but business demands may require weekend / evening work.
This is a position that allows you to exhibit leadership characteristics to coach team members through problem solving on heating and ventilation equipment, pumps, fans, air dryers, and compressors. As a subject matter expert, you will provide work direction to other technicians, coordinate/oversee subcontractor activities, utilize the building automation system, and assist specialized craft technicians in other facility maintenance trades and services.
Your shift will fly by as you provide preventative maintenance on HVAC systems and equipment. Working independently on critical infrastructure issues including air flow dynamics for air handlers, exhaust, and steam humidifiers to maximize performance. This position is also responsible for responding to and providing service and feedback to the customer on temperature, humidity, and pressurization issues.
Amentum specializes in facilities and production maintenance and we have highly skilled technicians who are industry leaders in safety and performance. To entice you we offer a variety of benefits that start when you do in addition to a competitive hourly pay. Check out the must haves listed below. Click apply if you check off all the must have qualifications!
- High School diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Six years of experience as an HVAC/R maintenance technician in an industrial or commercial environment, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- EPA Universal certification.
- Must be able to work from heights, ladders and elevated platforms.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without sponsorship/work authorization
- Journeyman's or Master's HVAC license.
- Experience working in a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) environment or with a CMMS mobile device.
- Experience with Metasys building automation system.
- 4 Year Technical Training.
- Associate's degree in HVAC, industrial mechanical, industrial electrical, or a related skilled trade.
- Experience working with steam systems (e.g. high pressure steam boilers), centrifugal chillers, air handling units, cooling towers, air compressors, air dryers, heat exchangers, exhaust systems, VAV pneumatic controls, and energy management systems (building automation control systems).
- Experience reading dials, monitoring equipment and entering data into computer software.
Amentum brings industry-best expertise, processes, and technology to ensure the availability and reliability of our Government and commercial clients’ vital facilities and equipment. We apply our culture of excellence to operate, maintain, and manage your global assets and complex supply chains to meet modern challenges at home and abroad. You get the confidence that comes from a partner with on a century-long heritage of unrelenting dedication to our clients’ missions across the DoD, civilian agencies, and the IC.
Our leading technologies and repeatable processes are delivered by experts with a record of optimizing the quality and cost-effectiveness of support. Using tools such as our Facility Asset Management & Operations Services (FAMOS™) model, we integrate diverse operational elements into a single, unified approach providing control and visibility. This allows us to increase operational readiness and extend the life of critical facilities and equipment.
Amentum’s skilled workforce lives with outcomes rather than just works on them. Our employees hold the most sought-after certifications in the industry, including Program Management Professional (PMP), IT/Cyber, ITIL, and Professional Scrum Master (PSM). Our teams who maintain and modify vehicles, aircraft, and weapons systems work within disciplined environments certified to AS9001D, ISO 9001:2015, AS9110B, and AS9100C standards.
Whether it’s managing facilities supporting the IC’s classified missions, operating UAVs that protect our soldiers, or maintaining military equipment at remote bases abroad, Amentum has the experience, passion, and commitment to meet your critical needs.
- Equipment O&M/Asset Management
- Facility O&M and Range Support
- Global Logistics/Supply Chain Management
- IT/Network Support
- Satellite Communications
- Unmanned Systems