Title:GPMS: Senior Tactical Logistics and Communications Specialists (Contingency Hire)
Senior Tactical Logistics and Communications Specialists shall manage and oversee the operations of Force Protection “FP” Equipment for United States Air Force (USAF) Global Prepositioned Materiel Services (GPMS) for United States Air Forces in Europe (USAFE)/Air Forces Africa (AFAFRICA) within the U.S. European Command (USEUCOM)/Africa Command (AFRICOM) Areas of Responsibility (AOR). The range of serves and support include storage, maintenance, out load, reconstitution, exercise, and contingency logistics support. In addition, responsibilities include maintenance and repair (M&R) of Government Furnished Facilities (GFF), Government Furnished Property (GFP), and Government Furnished Equipment (GFE). In some cases, maintenance and repair of GFF may include minor construction (MC) projects. GPMS materiel may include War Reserve Materiel (WRM), Deployable Air Base Systems (DABS), or other assets necessary to meet theater prepositioning requirements. The range of services is to ensure success and enable training exercises, theater contingencies, wartime operations, and other specified CCDM priorities. Other locations in the Continental United States (CONUS) or Outside Continental United States (OCONUS) may be included.
- Direct and manage GPMS Force Protection “FP” Equipment to respond to Government tasking, requests for information, requirements changes, and other communications.
- Implement and manage GPMS Force Protection “FP” Equipment operations, processes, programs and plans IAW applicable directives ensuring personnel, resources, life cycle management, training, contingencies, site management, and employment in time of war, evacuations, expeditionary site, and security meet the CCDM’s AOR requirements as specified by the contract.
Ensure compliance with authoritative War Reserve Material (WRM) references which include but not limited to AFPD 25-1; AFI 25-101; AFI 10-401; AFI 10-403; AFI 10-404; AFI 23-101; AFMAN 23-122; AFH 23-123 Vol 1 & Vol 2; DODD 3110.6.
Required to attend partnering meetings and function as an integral team member of the U.S. Air Force, CCDM, and other organizations as well as cooperate and share pertinent information with applicable parties for program success.
Maintain work environments that are safe, clean, sanitary, healthy, and ensure working facilities and areas present a professional atmosphere.
Ensure proper utilization and safeguarding of all government and contractor provided property includes but not limited to government facilities, equipment, tools, information and data.
Performs other duties as assigned.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
May be exposed to potentially hazardous conditions that require wear of hard hats, gloves, steel toed boots, hearing protection, safety glasses and other personal protection equipment (PPE); may be required to push, pull and lift heavy equipment. Use of Land Mobile Radios, cell phones, laptop, and other devices to maintain contact and accountability of work activities.
Work will be indoors and outdoors. Exposure to heat, cold, dust, noise, and chemicals may occur. Overtime and shift work may be required depending on contractual or organizational needs as well as occasional to frequent travel. Employee must comply with all Federal, State and Local laws and regulations as well as published company work rules and written instructions. Task specific work environment training maybe provided or required. Must be prepared to function in a wartime or contingency environment to support U.S. interests.
Physical requirements include lifting up to 35lb, team lifting up to 50lbs, climbing, extended sitting, or standing, stooping, stretching, and bending
Work may require using and wearing personal protective equipment such as, hearing and eye protection, hard hat and steel-toed boots
Day-to-day physical requirements may involve standard office activities including sitting/standing for extended periods of time, attending meetings, use of keyboard and mouse repetitively, lifting and carrying less than 20 lbs. frequently, etc.
Work requires moderate physical exertion including walking to operating areas and walking up stairs
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited four-year college highly desired
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with a current, valid U. S. Passport and U. S. Driver's License.
- Must have and maintain a valid U. S. SECRET Security Clearance/National Agency Check, Local Agency Checks and Credit Check (NACLC)
- Licensed to operate government provided vehicles, M-series vehicles to include Up-armored High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicles (HMMWVs) and Joint Light Tactical Vehicle (JLTV).
- Licensed to operate any forklift including up to 15K
- Trained to build pallets for shipment by land, air, or sea
- Trained in hazardous material cargo by land, air, or sea
- Trained in AF Level 3 Equipment Custodian course
- Trained in UTC net and palletization requirements
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English fluently
- Minimum 10 years military experience and comprehensive knowledge or a Bachelor Degree or equivalent in a relevant field of study with lesser military experience in the following areas below:
- Knowledge of operations, applications, capabilities, limitations, accountability, maintenance/sustainment and WRM requirements of SF owned UTC packages.
- Experience in Combat Arms or comprehensive knowledge of Security Forces weapon systems, requirements, associated technology and equipment.
- Knowledge of adaptive networking wideband communications including Harris radios, computer systems, SF individual professional gear/equipment, Common Remote Weapon Stations (CROWS), security sensor systems, SUAS, counter Improvised Explosive Device Electronic Warfare systems, and tactical SF vehicles.
- Use computers & related software such as Microsoft Office and other common products used in office environments
- Able and willing to work periods of long hours to meet mission requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with documented supervisory experience.
- Experience with military & contingency environments as well as knowledge & experience with government contracts.
KBR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. citizenship is required for most positions.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
KBR Government Solutions ensures mission success for customers on land, at sea, in the air, and in space and cyberspace. We create value and drive innovation by combining engineering, technical and scientific expertise with our full life cycle capabilities, mission knowledge and future-focused technologies. We are known for excelling in complex and extreme environments and trusted to overcome the nation’s most pressing challenges. When it’s mission critical, customers call KBR first - We Deliver.