Operations Internship - Military Veterans
Fort Mill, SC
The 2021 Ross Stores Distribution Center (DC) Operations Internship is a 10 week program designed to have candidates participate in all Distribution processes that will include: working with associates, supervisors, managers and directors to learn department functions of all areas of the DC.
Interns will contribute daily to our business objectives and become a part of our team. To ensure a supportive environment we will designate a skilled member of our Distribution Center management team to mentor our interns. Some off shift and weekend hours may be required in order to gain full exposure to the operation.
This internship prepares students for a potential career in Supply Chain Logistics, allowing you a real-world perspective on a career at Ross.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Interact on the Distribution Center floor with associates, area supervisors and management learning the department functions of all areas of the DC.
• Participate in daily production goals.
• Work with the team to evaluate existing operating methods and champion continuous improvement
• Establish and maintain an open path of communication with DC Senior Leadership and associates
• Gain broad exposure to our supply chain network and leadership team through daily partnerships with operation leaders
• Shadow and eventually run shift start-up meetings
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Must be enrolled in a 4-year non-profit university or college degree program with preference to Supply Chain Management, Logistics and Transportation, or related major.
• Must currently be a Junior standing with expected graduation between December 2021 and August 2022.
• Leadership and decision making skills
• Strong communication and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
• MS Office with strong practical application of Excel skills
• Ability to work well with diverse groups of people at all levels
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment with personal flexibility to meet changing business needs
• Organized and detailed-oriented
Fort Mill, SC
Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store.
It takes an incredible team of individuals to make that possible. Whether you’re new to the workforce or an experienced professional, there’s an opportunity for you. We’re passionate, committed, collaborative, and hands-on—from our Corporate and Buying Offices to our checkouts.
So if you’re ready to be part of a Fortune 500 company that’s growing —you’re ready for a brand new opportunity at Ross Stores, Inc.