Installation Property Spec - Military Veterans
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
The Installation Property Book Specialist working directly under the general guidance of the Installation Property Book Officer (PBO). The Installation Property Book Specialist is responsible for the direct supervision of the Property Accounting Clerks and their daily duties. The IPBO Specialist will maintain essential elements of data on the property books records and conduct maintenance on the property book at all times maintaining accountability at 100%.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES: Please list by order of priority and, if possible, provide the percentage of time spent on the activity all should equal 100%.
- Under the direction of the Logistics Manager, the incumbent is responsible for the consolidated property accounting activities and will interface with the Installation Property Book Officer for management over all installation, MTOE, and TDA property for Area Support Group
- Shall develop and implement an internal and external SOP for installation property management
- Ensure accurate records of property authorized are kept utilizing the most current STAMIS such as Global Combat Support System (GCSS) Shall manage organizational, installation property, operational readiness float (ORF) and government furnished equipment (GFE)
- Ensure cyclic and sensitive item inventories are executed monthly and are signed by the hand receipt holder and shall account for property not on the unit hand receipt per AR 710-2.
- Shall reconcile customer due-in listing on a monthly basis; ensure property authorized by the MOTE or TDA is on hand or on order; ensure the latest approved documents are used; prepare cancellation and follow-up on all documentation; maintain appropriate document registers for non-expendables, expendables, durables, organizational shortages
- Ensure posting of receipts using the current STAMIS are accurate by comparing packing lists, receipts documents, bill of lading, inspection reports, and other documents with purchase orders or requisitions to verify accuracy of stock identifications, quantity, cost and other pertinent data; report discrepancies to quantity received to the SSA within three working days using a Supply Discrepancy Report (SDR); and reconcile due-in/due-out listing with SSA on a monthly basis
- Shall prepare turn-in documents for unserviceable, obsolete, found-on-installation or excess equipment; prepare and execute lateral transfers for excess equipment
- Ensure nonexpendable and durable property is transferred to the contractor using STAMIS when the contract states Government Furnished Property is authorized; maintain GFP/GFE property records IAW AR 735-5
- Ensures all Financial Liability Investigation of Property Loss are accurate and complete before PBO reviews and signs
- Establish and maintain a Master Non-Standard Catalog File for the Property Book
- Ensure that all employees are always in compliance with all established Safety Policies and Regulations.
- Performs other duties and assignments as required. Computer, Cell Phone, Vehicle, and other office equipment
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Computer, Cell Phone, Vehicle, and other office equipment
- Must be capable of working in an extreme weather conditions with temperatures exceeding 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 48 hours (6 days @ 8 hours a day) is the standard work week. This position requires flexibility in work hours.
Must be able to lift/push/pull 50 lbs.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
High School Diploma; Associates/Bachelors is preferred
Should have excellent oral and written communication skills; at least 5 years working experience as a Property Book Manager and / or at least 5 years work experience as an US Army MOS 92Y level with experience as S4 staff or equivalent experience. Proficient in the use Microsoft Office products (i.e. Power Point, Word, Excel)
The individual must be knowledgeable in the following STAMIS: GCSS-ARMY, TACS, LIW, ETIDS and GFE accounting and inventory management procedures. Must be knowledgeable with the following publications; AR 710-2, DA Pam 710-2-1, DA Pam 710-2-2, AR 735-5, AR 25-400-2.
Vectrus is a leading global government services company with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and base operations; supply chain and logistics services; information technology mission support; and engineering and digital integration services to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships and a strong commitment to their customers' mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and includes about 6,700 employees spanning 129 locations in 22 countries. In 2018, Vectrus generated sales of $1.3 billion. To learn about career opportunities at Vectrus, visit www.vectrus.com/careers.