What you will do
In this role, you will be part of Cloud product development team to manage & deliver new product functionalities, modify existing product’s functionalities or improve product functionalities as required.
The Lead engineer will work in the Software development group in the design, development and test of Retail product – TrueVUE deployed on Google Cloud Platform.
You will work within a multi-disciplined engineering team consisting of Java engineers, Mobile development engineers, Web UI engineers, Software Architects focusing on applied research and new technology innovations to provide new and improved products and solutions for our customers.
How you will do it
• Independently owns modules for design , implementations of Java based applications and closely works with technical architects.
• Lead/manage a team and provide timely updates and reports to senior management
• Independently code, test and integrate to the SW branches.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to analyze, design, and develop new features
• Follow S/W Development life cycle process & agile development process.
• Comply with and makes recommendations for changes to established development guidelines & standards.
• Review and provide feedback on product functional specifications.
What we look for
• BE (ECE/ ETC/CSE/ISE) is required.
• 8+ years of experience designing and developing highly scalable, distributed applications, products and services.
• Professional proficiency in Java 8.
• Experience in Spring Boot, Micro Services, REST based Web Services, Cloud Pub/Sub, Big Data technologies, strong knowledge in Data Structures / Algorithms.
• Evaluating and leveraging new technologies in the product architecture.
• Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms, concurrent programming.
• Knowledge of NoSQL, Kubernetes/Docker is desirable
• Significant design and Architecture experience (Enterprise Software is a plus)
• Discipline for writing unit testing and integration testing for functionality and limits
Performance tuning, monitoring, maintaining fault tolerant/HA infrastructure.
• Participate in long-term strategies and scalability efforts.
• Build documentation of operating procedures and provide knowledge transfer.
• Must have a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability.
• Strong understanding of different software development life cycles (Agile) and contemporary software quality assurance processes and automated tools.
• Must have experience in managing and working with distributed team members.
• Must be extremely detail-oriented with respect to documentation and communication
Strong communication, interpersonal, problem solving, management and presentation skills
Able to work independently or in a team environment
Able to take ownership and work on project timelines
Self-motivated, takes initiative to resolve issues
Ability to problem solve through analysis of a situation where there are a variety of variables
A GLOBAL LEADER
The future is being built today, and Johnson Controls is making that future more productive, more secure and more sustainable. We create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. At its core, that promise is about delivering innovation that make people’s lives – and the world – better.
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Explore our site to learn how our innovative solutions are driving the future of urban efficiency.