- Provide support to the Airgas field service team and plant operations.
- Work with customers and corporate staff to resolve problems and issues with various systems.
- Remove ammonia liquid and vapor from multiple sources which include refrigeration systems, storage tanks and pipelines.
- Install and maintain ammonia tanks, piping and pumps.
- Provide support to the Airgas Specialty Products sales team.
- Maintain proper parts inventory in service vans and warehouse.
- Document work via work orders and service agreements.
- Maintain a neat, clean and profession appearance.
- Maintain trucks trailers and vans in neat cleans and safe condition.
- Maintain site specific training records.
- Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed.
- Maintain appropriate drivers’ license and safety training.
- Accurate and timely submittal of documents.
- Must have TWIC or be able to acquire.
- Class A CDL driver’s license with Tanker and Hazmat endorsements.
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- 1 year commercial driving experience.
- Technical diploma, high school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets and mechanical drawings.
- Have a basic knowledge of chemistry and physics.
- Knowledge of the area and ability to lift and drag hoses up to 90 lbs. required.
- Must be able to drive hazardous cargo for up to 11 hours; frequent bending and reaching also required.
- Must be able to work at heights, climb stairs and ladders.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work overtime, weekends and holidays if necessary. Work for long periods. Must be flexible.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Must have basic computer experience.
- Must meet all physical qualification standards imposed by regulation for drivers and be able to meet requirements to wear and use an ammonia escape respirator.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
- Must have a reasonable amount of mechanical aptitude, working with piping, valves and pumps.
- Working away from home for extended periods may be required.
- Must be able to travel anywhere either by air or truck up to 75 percent.
For immediate consideration please complete an application. If you have any questions about this position please contact Cheryl Austin - Driver Talent Acquisition Specialist @ 678-985-6735.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Consider working for the Chemical Industry's Best Managed Company. The one Forbes magazine named to its Most Admired Companies list. A company that offers associates industry-leading training, opportunities for growth and advancement, and a commitment to entrepreneurial spirit at every level.That's Airgas.
As the leading U.S. distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and hardgoods, Airgas has a focus on quality products—but we recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 associates working in approximately 1,100 locations—branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution centers—chances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you.
Airgas, an Air Liquide Company | Santa Fe Springs, California
Airgas, an Air Liquide Company | Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Airgas, an Air Liquide Company | ,
Airgas, an Air Liquide Company | Ewa Beach, Hawaii
Airgas, an Air Liquide Company | El Paso, Texas
Honeywell | , Missouri
Airgas, an Air Liquide Company | Du Bois, Pennsylvania
Honeywell | , Missouri
Honeywell | Orange, Texas
PAE | Beijing,