You must be proficient at reviewing and analyzing complex foreign language source material for content and significance; transcribing/translating advanced graphic and/or voice language material into modern American English or a targeted language in either verbatim or gisted format; providing detailed assessments of current events based on the collection, research and analysis of open source information foreign language material; providing quality control of transcripts and translations; preparing and providing quality control of reports; preparing and presenting detailed and unique technical briefings; and sharing language expertise. You should be adept in multiple social media platforms.
You may also perform activities across analytical linguistic disciplines including but not limited to: linguistic review, analysis and reporting; all-source analytic research, training and reporting; analytic methodology development, training and application; employment of various analytic capabilities. You may assist in developing and maintaining relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, and partners.
You must be able to adapt when facing changes in the work environment while maintaining effectiveness. Seek new areas for learning while creating and taking advantage of those opportunities. As a member of a team participate in the completion of goals. Provide an individual or groups with clear information or ideas through a variation of media. With any work situation be open to try unique ways to deal with problems.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Reviews and analyzes foreign language source material for content and significance
- Transcribes/translates advanced graphic and/or voice language material into modern American English or a targeted language in either verbatim or gisted format
- Prepares assessments of current events based on the collection, research, analysis and interpretations of classified and open source information foreign language material
- Provides quality control of transcripts, translations and reports
- Develops and implements translation methodology and quality control procedures and standards
- Drafts and presents technical briefings
- Shares language expertise
- Operates transcription equipment.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. This position is contingent upon program/customer concurrence. Candidates must be willing to undergo a rigorous background check.
- Must be fluent (written and verbal) in one of the following languages:
- Arabic, Turkish, Swahili, Somali, Tuareg, Hausa, African French, Bahasa/Indonesian, Pashto, Uzbek or Urdu
- 3 or more years of experience with Open Source Technology
- Willing and able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance
- Adept with multiple Social Media platforms
- Current US Secret Clearance or higher preferred
- Bachelor's and typically 10 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 8 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon: Aspiring to be the most admired defense and aerospace systems company through our world-class people, innovation and technology
Raytheon Company is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 91 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems; as well as a broad range of mission support services.
Raytheon | Herndon, Virginia
Raytheon | Falls Church, Virginia
Parsons Corporation | Centreville, Virginia
Mantech International Corporation | Chantilly, Virginia
General Dynamics | Arlington, Virginia
Thomson Reuters | Mc Lean, Virginia
Mantech International Corporation | Springfield, Virginia
Mantech International Corporation | Herndon, Virginia
Vectrus | Chantilly, Virginia