Information Technology Manager - Military Veterans
Manage and lead a team of IT professionals responsible for day-to-day operations and maintenance of hardware, software and local infrastructure. This position requires an experienced multi-discipline technology leader capable of managing local and remote teams and operating as part of a larger enterprise technology group.
Provides proactive and reactive management of electronic resources and ensures operational synergy with Vectrus enterprise standards. Trains company personnel in technology solutions and procedures. Serves as a technical resource and a point of escalation. Provides problem-solving support to computer users and IT personnel. Ensures adherence to corporate governance and compliance requirements and creates and maintains configuration and procedural documentation
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Serves as the primary point of contact for technology operations, maintenance and management in Iraq.
- Provides leadership and management to local IT personnel
- Ensures that IT projects and initiatives and completed on schedule and within budget.
- Coordinates daily activities / issue with Program and Senior IT Management.
- Collaborates with both program and enterprise IT leadership to achieve key operational and strategic objectives of both the customer and Vectrus.
- Leads Service Desk operations providing both in-person and remote troubleshooting and escalates support issues to senior IT leadership as required.
- Authors and maintains technical and procedural documentation
- Provides operational support across all functional areas of operations, maintenance and technical support.
- Ensures adherence to enterprise standards and procedures.
- Assists with installation, maintenance, security, operation and administration of IT infrastructure
- Performs troubleshooting and problem investigation and escalates support issues as required.
- Supports the Vectrus standard endpoint software suite and Vectrus Business Systems.
- Installs, configures and deploys computer endpoints
- Assists with troubleshooting and installation of network infrastructure.
- Trains and guides users in use of equipment, operating systems and applications.
- Supports analysis, design, testing and implementation of critical infrastructure.
- Pulls and terminates low-voltage network cabling.
- Performs off-hours on-call duties as required.
- Supports other IT Department work centers and functions
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Personal computer, printers, network equipment and electronic test equipment and other general office equipment
Works in a general office environment including computer rooms. Duties will involve the conduct of work in the outdoors with a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions including frequent dust storms, and high temperatures; up to 130F degrees in the summer months, as well as extreme cold areas of the world such as the Korean peninsula. Potential exposure to chemical or biological agents could exist.
May, on occasion, install connecting cabling in office environment. Work may require heavy lifting, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical, or biological agents. Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for some situations. PPE includes, but is not limited to head, foot, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices. Must comply with all Fire and Safety Regulations and post policies.
Education: College degree or equivalent experience.
Desirable Qualifications and Certifications:
Project Management Professional, Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert, Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT), Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), OGAF 9 Certification, CompTIA Network+ and CompTIA Security+.
Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate, HDI-CSR, MCSA Windows certification a plus.
6+ years’ experience as and IT manager or equivalent role. Extensive knowledge of technical management and infrastructure support.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service and leadership under stressful conditions
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to develop and nurture team members
- Knowledge of Windows 10, O365, Microsoft Teams and Microsoft Office 2013/2016 Suite, web browsers, PC hardware, PC Networking (TCP/IP, DHCP, etc.), Active Directory, ticketing systems, and mobile device (iOS and Android) support.
- Experience with installation, maintenance and operation of point to point wireless technologies and Meraki network devices.
Supervises a team of IT Professionals throughout the Task Order
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Vectrus is a leading global government services company with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and base operations; supply chain and logistics services; information technology mission support; and engineering and digital integration services to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships and a strong commitment to their customers' mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and includes about 6,700 employees spanning 129 locations in 22 countries. In 2018, Vectrus generated sales of $1.3 billion. To learn about career opportunities at Vectrus, visit www.vectrus.com/careers.