Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Honeywell Job Description
DevOps Cloud Engineer
DevOps & QA
SBG / SBU:
DevOps team provides services to the Development Teams to enable them to build, test and deploy their changes to production. They also work closing with Digital Operations to help key digital activities relating to Cloud, Cyber and ICT to support Connected Offerings.
We are seeking a Cloud Engineer to support our development team in developing a global Connected Enterprise Cloud Platform. This will include maintaining the continuous delivery pipeline, extending to support different cloud deployment topologies and platform, monitor, scale and support development environments and supporting new cloud based SaaS offering development. This will enable us to execute on our accelerated growth strategy, continue to evolve ahead of our competition, and maintain our position as a trusted market leader in the Connected Enterprise space.
This role will work with DevOps team to build and maintain a world-class continuous delivery pipeline and provide a 5-star developer experience, working with engineering architects and development teams on architecture review, continuous delivery, monitoring & alerting identification & setup, continuous optimizing the cost of cloud resources and ensure the secure of the platform. Also this role will work development team and operations teams to ensure the standard of procedures/runbook are defined and could be followed and automate them to improve efficiency.
Key Accountabilities / Deliverables of the role
· Building and maintaining a world-class cloud infrastructure and platform for IoT solutions delivering high reliability and the best performance possible.
· Building up the streamlined continuous delivery pipeline to enable fast delivery of the cloud hosted offerings.
· Ensuring cost-effective service delivery by automating critical processes, including new releases, configuration, monitoring, and problem resolution
· Provisioning the infrastructure and ensuring systems are secure and compliant with industry best practices.
· Performing quick and accurate troubleshooting, diagnostic to production system.
· Assisting with capacity planning and scalability to ensure systems are optimized for continuous growth.
· Designing and implementing system automation architecture, infrastructure, and process
· Providing occasional off-shift availability for Production issues or maintenance
Key Success Factors (Key Metrics / KPIs / Deliverables)
· The high availability and reliability of the infrastructure and platform could be the number of 9’s.
· Developing scripts/tools to automate the standard procedures, configurations and recover quickly from the disaster.
· Drive improvement on DevOps KPIs
· Reduce lead time of changes
· Support the frequent and incremental releases of new features for cloud solutions and offerings with maintaining high reliability in the meantime
· The chance of customer reporting issues is reduced by proactive monitoring and alerting and proper incident management process.
· The cycle time of resolving issues and getting services recovered for customers are reduced
· Managing Challenges
· Managing by influence to achieve high quality of software delivery and architecture consistency
· Taking strategies and plans through execution to control stages that deliver results
· Balancing short term and long term goals, Prioritisation of focus, maximise return on effort
· Teaming with specialists within Honeywell and outside
· Understanding and integrating with a diverse range of technologies, protocols and applications.
· Honeywell Connected Enterprise
· Global Engineering
· HCE DevOps
· HCE SRE & Operations (Digital Operations)
· Connected Enterprise community
· 3PrdP party Technology Vendors
· 3PrdP party Software Vendors
· Industry Bodies & Providers
Qualifications/ Experience/ Knowledge
Required Licenses, Accreditations / Clearances / Statutory requirements
Education / Qualifications
· Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Software Engineering or Computer Science.
· Certification - MCP - 70-534 Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions
· Certification - MCP – 70-533 Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure
· Linux Administration (RHCE or equivalent)
· CCNA Cisco Certified
· MCSA / MCSE – Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
· Information Security accreditation (CISSP – Certified Information Systems Security Professional or equivalent)
· At least 3 years on Agile and DevOps practices from DevOps or SRE organization
· Skills on cloud application development & automation, Azure and Kubernetes experience is preferred
· Technical Understanding of Cloud Concepts
· Advanced Understanding of Networking Concepts (TCP / IP Stack, Firewalls, S2S VPN)
· Experience working in Docker, writing Docker files
· Expertise in container/container-fleet-orchestration technologies (like Kubernetes, OpenShift, AKS, Docker)
· Experience with Ansible and Terraform
· Cloud database operations and deployment experience (RDS MySQL/Postgres/Aurora), Caching operations & deployment experience.
· Experience with Elastic
· Well versed in CI / CD methodology and tooling with a demonstrated automate everything attitude
· Solid understanding of release strategies that minimize or eliminate application downtime
· Technologist that keeps up on the latest technology, best practices and continues to learn and apply those learning's to the Honeywell environment
· Team player that puts team first, willing to make the difficult decision and have the difficult conversation while providing clear technical recommendations to leadership that is best for the long term.
· Familiarity on Graph and Time-series databases.
· Familiarity with site and infrastructure monitoring systems (like ELK, Datadog, AppDynamics, New Relic, Grafana)
· Good working knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Tools (Git/BitBucket, Jenkins/Bamboo, Chef/Puppet/Octopus Deploy, etc)
· Hands on experience on any provisioning tools like Chef, and Kaavo
· Experience with test driven development and Microservices architecture.
· Implementing and abiding by SLOs dictated by mature SLIs in production.
· Understanding of Cloud Security Concepts
· Experience with agile or iterative development methodologies to delivering SaaS products.
· Experience delivering projects following the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) model.
· Sound change management skills to lead change and acceptance within the workforce by proactively and creatively taking action to achieve goals.
Professional Skills / Knowledge
· Strong interpersonal skills needed for interfacing with high-level internal stakeholders, external clients, and geographically, culturally and linguistically diverse employees.
· Strong customer focus. The ability to partner with senior level management and business stakeholders, to understand HCE Connected businesses/functions, and to deliver the best global design/deployment solutions.
· Manage complexity, deal with ambiguity, and drive results in a highly matrixed environment. Ability to remove performance barriers and deliver under challenging circumstances.
· Self-motivated, goal orientated, determine own work priorities, training requirements, ability to meet deadlines and works well under pressure.
· Very strong business acumen – ability to make strategic trade-off’s and balance competitive pressure with risk management and mitigation.
· Global mindset. The ability to align with a standard global strategy while balancing unique, sometimes conflicting regional and business-specific requirements.
· Learns quickly adapting to new projects, technologies, processes and/or cross industry verticals.
· Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future technical trends accurately; learn quickly and think independently to adapt as required.
· Be proficient in the execution of risk management, issue management and scope management processes.
· Ability to build and maintain strategic customer relationships, and establishes and builds credibility quickly.
· Strong effective communication skills (both written and oral) and people management with the ability to motivate and inspire trust of management, staff, diverse clients and stakeholders.
· Excellent computer, presentation and technical writing skills.
· Proficient in strategically assessing and identifying new business opportunities, and strong customer/relationship management skills.
· Ability to define and architect specific solutions within an ambiguous environment and strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Strong command and control skills to manage through internal and customer challenges.
· Ability to work effectively in a virtual engineering group environment.
· Ability to think strategically in applying process improvement tools to solve business problems.
· A strong commitment to safety and a safe working environment.
· Can clearly articulate technical value and demonstrate how solutions map to a customer’s needs and drivers.
Analysis / Problem Assessment
Securing relevant information and identifying key issues and relationships from a base of information; relating and comparing data from different sources; identifying cause-effect relationships.
Building Business Partnerships
Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work with business partners (e.g. peers, other departments or units, external vendors, customer’s, other organisations etc.) to meet mutual goals and objectives.
Building Customer Loyalty
Effectively meeting customer needs; building productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Facilitating the development of others’ knowledge and skills; providing timely feedback and guidance to help them reach goals.
Taking action to maximise the contribution of own area of the business to the company’s profitability and growth. This involves constantly looking for opportunities to improve business performance and growth; managing business operations to maintain ongoing competitive advantage; taking business decisions based on cost benefit analysis, business savvy and consideration of organisational constraints and resources.
Expressing ideas effectively in individual and group situations (including non-verbal); adjusting language or terminology to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
Customer Service Orientation
Proactively developing customer relationships; making efforts to listen and to understand the customer (both internal and external); anticipating and providing solutions to customer needs; giving high priority to customer satisfaction.
Drive for Results
Exceeds goals successfully; bottom line oriented; pushes self and others for results
Encouraging others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities; facilitation the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
Individual Leadership / Influencing and Mentoring
Using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to inspire and guide individuals (direct reports, peers, and senior managers) toward goal achievement; modifying behaviour to accommodate tasks, situations and individuals involved. Coaching and supporting peers in their selling efforts.
Making active attempts to influence events to achieve goals; self-starting rather than accepting passively; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
Generating creative solutions to work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with project/organisational problems and opportunities.
Committing to an action after developing alternative courses of action that are based on logical assumptions and factual information and that take into consideration resources, constraints, and organisational values.
Ability to work effectively and efficiently within competing business and technical priorities
Planning And Organising / Work Management
Establishing a course of action for self and others to accomplish a specific goal; planning proper assignments of personnel and appropriate allocation of resources
Asks the right analytical questions to support development of sales opportunities and resources
Indicating through actions and decisions a sense of importance to get the job done; focusing on the most important things; being impatient with obstacles and lack of movement; taking action to overcome obstacles and seek solutions.
Knowledge of sales tools for customer analysis and estimating
Teamwork / Collaboration
Working effectively with team or work group or those outside formal line of authority (e.g., associates, senior managers) to accomplish organisational goals; taking actions that respect the needs and contributions of others; contributing to and accepting the consensus; subordinating own objectives to the objectives of the organisation or team.
Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping abreast of current developments and trends in area of expertise.
Understanding and Knowledge of HCE Connected Enterprise unique value proposition, articulating unique value proposition of all buying influences within opportunity.
Please note :
This role may be subject to ongoing criminal history checks, random drug & alcohol testing and / or medical examinations in line with Honeywell, customer and statutory specifications and it is a requirement of the role to satisfy these requirements.
Approved by Direct Manager (Initial)
Approved by 2nd Level Manager (Initial)
YOU MUST HAVE
- 9-12 years of product development experience
- Understanding various software development lifecycle
- Some relevant experience
- Knowledge of software configuration management and change management practices
- Diverse and global teaming and collaboration
- Effective communicator
- Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by events
- Ability to consistently make timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness
- Can quickly analyze, incorporate and apply new information and concepts
- JOB ID: req241136
- Category: Engineering
- Location: HW Camp II,Bldgs 9A&9B,Plot C2,RMZ Ecoworld,Varturhobli,Sarjapur Marathahalli Outer Ring Road,Bangalore,KARNATAKA,560103,India
Honeywell | Bengaluru,
Honeywell | Bengaluru,
Honeywell | Bengaluru,
Honeywell | Bengaluru,
Honeywell | Bengaluru,
Honeywell | Bengaluru,
Honeywell | Bengaluru,