DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our StaRN Residency Program! Submit your application today! Our next programs begin on:
- July 26, 2021
- August 2, 2021
- September 13, 2021
$5,000 Sign-On Bonus Available
The StaRN/Residency is a yearlong residency which begins with a 10-16 week (depending on specialty), PAID Classroom/Preceptorship program. It allows new graduate nurses to obtain acute care nursing experience through an intensive internship program. Open positions will vary throughout the year, and positions will be offered based on needs of the hospital, but units that typically hire StaRN residents include:
- Medical Surgical, Neurology, Orthopedics, Cardiovascular
- ICU, PCU and Emergency Services (limited)
Part 1: StaRN Training – First 5-8 Weeks (depending on specialty):
- Instructor-led classroom training
- State-of-the-art simulation including comprehensive debriefs
- Certifications needed for each unit
- Training on charting systems
- The schedule is typically Monday-Friday, with 40 hour work weeks (8 hour days)
Part 2: StaRN Clinical Preceptorship – Next 7-8 Weeks (depending on specialty):
- Conducted at the hospital
- You will be assigned a one-on-one preceptor to train you and acclimate you to your role
- Regular development meetings between the resident, their preceptor and their Director
- Customized Coaching/Onboarding report for clinical preceptorship
- The schedule is typically three (3) 12 hour shifts at the hospital
Part 3: HCA Residency Program – Remainder of your 1st year
- Upon successful completion of the StaRN Program, residents will transition to their full-time roles at the hospital and continue professional development through routine interactions with a mentor (meet at least once a month)
- Complete an evidence-based capstone project
- Current Florida RN license or Multi-state Compact RN license
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, within past 1 year
- Program acceptance requires a two (2) year, full-time commitment to the hospital. If a nurse chooses to leave the facility before the 2 year commitment is fulfilled, they may be required to meet a monetary responsibility.
- Self-motivated and strong communication skills required
- Attendance is imperative throughout the StaRN Training program
You are more than a paycheck. Our Benefits Raise the Bar:
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee discount program
- Employee stock purchase program
- Student Loan Repayment
Exceptional People. Exceptional Care.
Ocala Health encompasses Ocala Regional Medical Center, a 288-bed facility located in the heart of Ocala, and West Marion Community Hospital, a 186-bed hospital located in west Marion County, Summerfield ER, a freestanding emergency department located in southern Marion County, Maricamp ER, a freestanding emergency department located on Maricamp Road in Ocala, and Trailwinds Village ER, a freestanding emergency department located on 466A in Wildwood. Ocala Regional Medical Center is a Level II Trauma Center and the region’s only Comprehensive Stroke Center. The hospitals offer a host of other quality and award winning services including orthopedic care and joint replacement, robotic surgery, cardiac and vascular services including open heart surgery and interventional procedures, emergency, neurological and rehabilitation services, and bariatric surgery. Ocala Health has the only Commission on Cancer approved cancer center in Marion County. Ocala Health's outpatient facilities include Family Care Specialists, a primary care network of six locations throughout Marion County; Advanced Imaging Centers; a freestanding Wound and Hyperbaric Center; a Senior Wellness Community Center; and three surgical and physician specialty practices.
When you join the Ocala Health organization, you are among a dedicated group of healthcare providers who take great pride in serving the greater Ocala-Marion County community. We are dedicated to quality, safety and integrity, and feel a true sense of responsibility for every family member, friend and neighbor in our care. Add all of this to our unique North Central Florida lifestyle, and you've got a winning work/life combination!
HCA Healthcare is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious New Grad RN to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
HCA Serving Those Who Have Served Us So Faithfully.
Guided by the principle that quality care begins with the warmth, compassion, and positive attitude of our employees, HCA has consistently proven to be the nation’s leading healthcare provider with the widest range of employment opportunities.
Since our founding over 40 years ago, HCA has grown in size and services with over 280 affiliate facilities in 20 states and England. Our family of nearly 190,000 strong is dedicated to developing innovative strategies and practices to better the human condition.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Expert care, ethical conduct, innovative technologies, and best practices are the core of our resources. Through these, we strive to deliver high-quality, cost-effective, community-centric health care for approximately 18 million patients annually.
HCA has over 7000 open requisitions in hospitals, diagnostic, outpatient and business operations across 20 states in the U.S.
Our employment opportunities fill job classes in both patient care and business support services. While a majority of positions account for clinical backgrounds, HCA has many opportunities in supply chain and logistics, IT, engineering and technical, administrative and managerial, sales, finance and accounting, environmental, plant ops, HR and many more.