Lead Customer Service Attendant - Military Veterans
Maintain buildings and facilities in a clean, sanitary condition in accordance with
TA standards. Facilities should always provide the customer a pleasant environment to frequent.
Serves as a back-up to the site FMT and trains all new hire CSA's to follow company policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be able to maintain all the Duties and Responsibilities as assigned to the Customer Service Attendant.Fills in as a back-up for routine preventative maintenance duties for the FMT, for which training will be provided.
- Understands company policy and procedures for striking cleanliness of the facilities. Promotes and trains these initiatives.
- Knows and follows safety guidelines and is alert to and reports potentially unsafe situations caused by employees and customers.
- Wears and uses protective equipment properly.
- Continually monitors personal and other employees' behavior for unsafe practices and takes corrective action when necessary.
- Displays a high degree of enthusiasm for TA and our customers.
- Trains in own position. Cross trains in other positions.
- Assists managers in training other employees.
- Willingly helps other employees when needed.
- Notifies manager of positive and negative feedback from customers.
- Suggests and supports innovative ideas.
- Follows all security guidelines and procedures. Is alert to possible shoplifters.
- Knows and understands all functions of the shower system, including resetting passwords and routine troubleshooting.
- High school graduate or equivalent is preferred
- Able to relate well with people.
- Must possess a satisfactory work record and ability to work with minimal direction.
- Able to satisfactorily complete all additional training requirements for this position.
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements
Must be able to:
- Lift and carry cases of merchandise such as motor oil, soft drinks, ice bags, groceries, etc. (up to an approximate weight of 50 pounds with or without an accommodation occasionally).
- Frequently bend, stoop and reach. Must be able to use arms above head/shoulder level.
- Climb a ladder or "step-up" to reach supplies stored in overhead areas.
- Stand/walk for shifts up to eight hours (short breaks are provided throughout the shift).
- Requires good vision, hand coordination, fine motor skills and manual dexterity.
- Perform maintenance duties; cleaning windows, mopping floors, painting, cleaning restroom facilities, etc. Requires strength in upper extremities and torso to perform these physical tasks.
- Aid and assist customers at finding and reaching desired products, when necessary—including providing special assistance to handicapped customers.
- Reach out and bend to operate all safety equipment, i.e., emergency cut-off switch, fire extinguisher, etc.
- Operate all travel center equipment including cash registers, adding machine, telephone, credit card machine, dish washer, slicer, etc.
- Read and write.
- Communicate effectively with customers and employees.
- Work alone and physically capable of summoning personal assistance during all medical emergencies.
This job description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. TA Operating LLC reserves the right to revise the job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either the incumbent or TA Operating LLC may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
At TravelCenters of America, we’re leading how America’s highway travelers refresh, refuel and repair. Our mission is to return every traveler to the road better than they came, and this isn’t possible without each of our team members. If you're an enthusiastic team player, thrive on the challenge of a fast-paced work environment and are looking for a rewarding career, we would like to talk with you.
Travel Centers Caters to Military Veterans