Entry Security Administrative Specialist - TS/SCI w/ CI Poly - Military Veterans
Responsibilities for this Position
Location: USA VA Chantilly|USA CA El Segundo|USA CO Aurora|USA NM Albuquerque
Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: RQ65916
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
Public Trust/Other Required:
**Position requires an active in-scopeTS/SCI clearance and polygraph.**
The Security Administrative Specialist provides support primarily to the Office of Security and Counterintelligence (OS&CI) senior managers in areas of division and operational administrative security functions.
- Maintain tracking records and filing systems, archives files as necessary
- Recommend new administrative support processes
- Execute Customer and local Directorate/Office security in and out processing requirements
- Issue security related equipment, records, receipts, or supplies
- Maintain a schedule of appointments for a manager or offices
- Schedule polygraph testing
- Answer security related telephone calls, directs calls to the appropriate branch or office, and take messages
- Research, records, and reports statistical analysis for historical and planning purposes
- Provide security support for passing, verifying, and receiving clearances, confirming Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) security eligibility, processing visitor requests, processing requests for Customer Badges, and processing Visit Certifications and Perm Certifications
- Update security data, run inquiries, provide quality control, develop reports using various IC and/or DoD databases
- Provide support coordinating, tasking and managing security action responses from internal Customer, other Government, and industry organizations
- Maintain and update appropriate security related databases
- Provide administrative/customer support duties for access control and physical security support to the Customer Headquarters buildings
- Issue and manage badges for Headquarters personnel and visitors
- Update data, provide quality control, run reports, and use the Monitor Dynamics Inc. system and Lenel Systems for proper badging, Visit Request and Badging System
(VRBS), Access Polygraph Investigative Collection System (APICS), and others as needed
- Process certifications for access via fax, email, electronic message format and IC databases for visitors' access for daily visit or multiple visits up to one year
- Assist with badge issues, provide visitors information support, directions and assist in contacting visitor POC
- Assist with onboarding and out-processing of personnel to include badge creation for new personnel and badge destruction for departed personnel as well as assist in updating accesses for personnel
- Assist in the set-up and conduct of the weekly briefing for new personnel introduction to the Customer
Desired Skill Set:
- Experience using Microsoft Office and standard computer applications
- Demonstrated ability in oral and written communication skills sufficient to compose and deliver responses to customers' routine questions in a clear and concise manner
- Demonstrated knowledge of security specific systems, databases, websites, and software, including Facility and Information Security Accreditation Tool, VRBS, APICS, Scattered Castles, Joint Personnel Adjudication System or their successors
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 year of relevant security experience
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
- Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field
- Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
- Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do
- Thrive in the stability of a large organization, with the ability to move onto new opportunities, supporting different missions, building your career within GDIT
- Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in the United States and the world
- Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance
General Dynamics is a Fortune Blue Ribbon Company and Clearance Jobs Top 10 Government Contractor .
General Dynamics Information Technology solves our customers' challenges through future-focused technology and services, ingenuity and deep mission-knowledge. Partnering with government, defense, the intelligence community, industry leaders and cutting-edge technology companies, we deliver solutions that make a difference - helping our customers to advance mission performance, transform operations and discover opportunities to build a better future.
This is for a position that is not yet funded
The likely salary range for this position is $52,000 - $78,000, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
T elecommuting Options:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA VA Chantilly
Additional Work Locations:
USA CA El Segundo, USA CO Aurora, USA NM Albuquerque
Total Rewards at GDIT:
Our benefits package for all US-based employees includes a variety of medical plan options, some with Health Savings Accounts, dental plan options, a vision plan, and a 401(k) plan offering the ability to contribute both pre and post-tax dollars up to the IRS annual limits and receive a company match. To encourage work/life balance, GDIT offers employees full flex work weeks where possible and a variety of paid time off plans, including vacation, sick and personal time, holidays, paid parental, military, bereavement and jury duty leave. To ensure our employees are able to protect their income, other offerings such as short and long-term disability benefits, life, accidental death and dismemberment, personal accident, critical illness and business travel and accident insurance are provided or available. We regularly review our Total Rewards package to ensure our offerings are competitive and reflect what our employees have told us they value most.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.\n\nGDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
General Dynamics is a global aerospace and defense company.
From Gulfstream business jets and combat vehicles to nuclear-powered submarines and communications systems, people around the world depend on our products and services for their safety and security.
We offer a broad portfolio of innovative products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons systems and munitions; IT and C4ISR solutions; and shipbuilding and ship repair.
General Dynamics employs thousands of people across the globe, with locations in more than 45 countries. We rely on the skills of our employees and their knowledge of customer requirements to deliver best-in-class products and services.