Sprinkler Installer I
United States of America, Oklahoma, Oklahoma City
What you will do
Fire Sprinkler Installation employees are responsible for the installation, service, and repair of fire protection systems including: wet, dry, pre-action, deluge, and foam suppression systems; as well as fire pumps and back flow devices. Installer employees are also responsible for the execution of the installation project plan including equipment delivery, accurately forecasting installation hours, anticipating potential challenges and properly securing all tools and equipment at the end of each work period so as to prevent damage or loss.
How you will do it
- The Fire Sprinkler Installer applies judgment based on practice and precedence.
- You may allocate work as a team leader, bringing all changes, discrepancies, and coordination problems that impair installation activities to the immediate attention of the construction manager.
- Frequently resolves problems through the research of multiple alternatives.
- Must maintain proper documentation for all work performed.
- May review project drawings to obtain all facts necessary to perform installation activities according to specifications.
- Must be able to work alternative shifts or weekends to meet customer and/or job requirements.
- May be required to participate in a scheduled after hours on-call rotation.
- Must adhere to all company safety policies and procedures.
- May be required to perform Inspections.
What we look for
- 3-5 years documented experience in installation and service of fire sprinkler systems.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools weighing up to 70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 60 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Read and understand construction blueprints, diagrams, and specifications used in installation activities.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Excellent communication skills, using tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers and team members.
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and driving record that meets company requirements.
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
- Able to obtain and retain any licenses required by National, State and Local codes.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
Overtime Status: Non-exempt
A GLOBAL LEADER
The future is being built today, and Johnson Controls is making that future more productive, more secure and more sustainable. We create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. At its core, that promise is about delivering innovation that make people’s lives – and the world – better.
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Explore our site to learn how our innovative solutions are driving the future of urban efficiency.
Johnson Controls, Inc. | Fresno, California
Linkus Enterprises, LLC | Fresno, California
International SOS | , California
Honeywell | , California
ADT | Fresno, California
Kelly | Madera, California
BrightSpring Health Services | Fresno, California
G4S Secure Solutions (USA) | Hanford, California
G4S Secure Solutions (USA) | Fresno, California
O'Reilly Automotive | Kingsburg, California