CTO for development of advanced SEM columns - Military Veterans
Kirchheim Bei München, BY
- Lead and/or develop and executes unusually complex system projects. Spearheads research and development leading to the development of new systems. Partitions complex problems into manageable subdivisions
- Recommends and implements solutions to a wide range of unusually complex problems.
- Function as a thought leader for physics/scientists issues, while influencing and utilizing expertise in interfacing with external and internal customers, lead and/or develop and execute the most complex system projects, advanced troubleshooting system problems which may include development and/or implementation of new methods or principles, and defining system specifications and schedules. Regularly interacts with senior managers on matters involving latest and next generation product technologies, as well as other company business units or customers concerning projects, operations and schedules. Interactions require the ability to change thinking or gain the acceptance of others in sensitive situations.
- Apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts to recommend corrections in technical applications and analysis. Develops new intellectual property, submits invention disclosures and assists in the drafting of patent applications
- Establishes and defines the theoretical basis and principles that should apply.
- Direct efforts of the technical staff, and mentor senior project members
- Perform as internal technical consultant to Sr. Operations and Technical Management, and other company organizations or business units in the areas of new technologies and analysis of competing technology. Evaluate new technologies. Plan and execute complex feasibility studies of new technologies and lead the decision-making process. Prepare and deliver papers regarding new technologies, share and promote new ideas and capabilities.
- This position originates, develops and executes the most complex technical projects and influences future technology and product strategy. Focus, knowledge, judgment and intuition is required for those technical challenges that may not have an identified solution by customer, competitors or within industry. Works on critical complex issues that impact longer term product development and business success.
- Widely recognized internally (across Business Units) as one of the company's top experts in their field.
- Conceive and implement new technology, normally named as primary inventor on numerous critical patents and recognized through awards and/or published papers within the last five years. Decisions impact major product development programs and business success at the division/segment level.
- Deep subject matter expert who consults with management and customers on exceptionally complex technical issues. Viewed as a company resource for specific technology and interacts with the engineering community internally and externally, based on business need. Represents Applied on industry boards/consortia, seen as a thought leader in area of expertise, regarded by customers and external leaders as an expert and thought leader in their field.
- Recognized as “guru” or external expert in a function
- Demonstrates a broad and comprehensive understanding of the different systems, theories and practices relevant to a discipline. The role must keep abreast of new developments in order to help define the necessary changes to policy and practice
- Utilizes highly specialized skills to expand Applied’s technology footprint or customer base or to increase operational efficiencies in support of Applied’s business objectives. Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of the industry in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business. This includes enabling the business unit to differentiate itself from the competition
- May lead key cross-functional project teams or initiatives. Acts as a mentor and role model to others within the organization
- Exercises a high degree of autonomy when making decisions that impact the business unit or function deliverables
- Proactively identifies and solves the most complex problems; uses ground-breaking methods to think beyond existing solutions
- Impacts business direction through the development of innovative services or products
- Demonstrates sound communication skills to be able to modify the beliefs and opinions of other peers in the business unit. Creates strong business relationships with key stakeholders to enlist their active support
- Negotiates with senior management, customers, regulators or vendors to influence decisions
Education: Master's Degree
Experience: 15+ Years
Years of Experience:10 - 15 Years
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Kirchheim Bei München, BY
A global leader in the nanomanufacturing technology solutions for the electronics industry, Applied Materials is built on the strength of talented people. We offer a wide variety of job opportunities for experienced professionals and recent college students/graduates that will capitalize on your current skills while broadening your experience and engaging you in a dynamic, fast-changing industry.
Here, you will work in community to achieve a common goal and encounter exciting new challenges every day. Our company is continually evolving: implementing innovations to make semiconductors more portable, powerful, and affordable than ever before.