Manager of Inpatient Rehabilitation - Military Veterans
DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Are you an experienced Registered Nurse (RN) or Clinical Coordinator ready to take your next career step up into a nursing leadership position? If you are dedicated to mentoring and supporting your team members to achieve the best outcomes for their patients, apply today to be the Manager of Inpatient Rehabilitation at HCA’s Johnston-Willis Hospital.
See why our employees love working at Johnston-Willis Hospital!
We have been delivering top quality healthcare to Greater Richmond and the Tri-Cities area for more than 100 years, which means patients can depend on our experience to provide the exceptional care they need. Our 292-bed hospital offers a full range of healthcare services, with specialties in cancer care – through the Thomas Johns Cancer Hospital – as well as inpatient rehabilitation, our ER is a state-authorized Level III trauma center, and neuroscience, including our first-in-Richmond Gamma Knife Center.
- 63rd on Fortune’s 100 List
- One of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S.
- Ranked by Fortune as a Most Admired Company for 3 consecutive years
- Named by Ethisphere one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for 10 consecutive years
The Rehab Center:
- 38 spacious private patient rooms (6 that are double)
- 2 large patient therapy gyms onsite
- Laundry, accessible kitchen and dining room for patients
- Awarded Joint Commission Basic Stroke Certification
Take our Johnston-Willis Hospital Inpatient Rehab Virtual Tour!
- Patient population is 60% stroke, 20% cardiac, 20% orthopedic/other
- Average length of stay is 12-14 days
- Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse course (CRRN)
- Career Ladder Workshops
- Numerous clinical educational resources
As a Manager of the Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit you will perform patient care as needed, motivate and champion staff to reach their professional goals, and provide leadership, including:
1. Manages the fiscal and clinical operations of assigned area(s) of responsibility and recommends sufficient number of qualified competent persons to provide care. Participates in outside source selection for needed services.
2. Integrates department services with the hospitals primary function maintaining communication with medical and nursing staffs, Administration, patients and their families/significant other. Coordinates and integrates services within departments.
3. Develops and implements policies and procedures that guide and support provision of services. Supervises nursing staff and assures staff competency.
4. Conducts ongoing assessment and improvement of the department’s performance. Promotes the Quality Management program of the facility maintaining appropriate quality control programs (where applicable).
5. Develops, markets, implements, and evaluates new services and programs recommending space and resources needed. Participates in outside source selection for needed services.
6. Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies.
7. Develops goals and objectives for assigned area(s) of responsibility and participates in development of goals and objectives for the Nursing Department.
8. Provides for orientation, inservice training, and continuing education for persons in the department.
9. Assumes the duties of the Administrative Nursing Supervisor as assigned.
We invite you to learn more about this fantastic opportunity, who we are, and how you can join our dynamic team.
Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing (required)
Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing (preferred)
Current Registered Nurse License in Virginia or Current Multistate Compact License (required)
American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS or BCLS) Health Care Provider (required)
Two (2) years current experience in nursing in which leadership and management abilities have been demonstrated (required)
Three (3) years of current experience in nursing with participation in formal leadership role(s) (e.g. Charge Nurse) and activities (e.g. Nurse Practice Council) (preferred)
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At HCA, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you!
"We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status."
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
HCA Serving Those Who Have Served Us So Faithfully.
Guided by the principle that quality care begins with the warmth, compassion, and positive attitude of our employees, HCA has consistently proven to be the nation’s leading healthcare provider with the widest range of employment opportunities.
Since our founding over 40 years ago, HCA has grown in size and services with over 280 affiliate facilities in 20 states and England. Our family of nearly 190,000 strong is dedicated to developing innovative strategies and practices to better the human condition.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Expert care, ethical conduct, innovative technologies, and best practices are the core of our resources. Through these, we strive to deliver high-quality, cost-effective, community-centric health care for approximately 18 million patients annually.
HCA has over 7000 open requisitions in hospitals, diagnostic, outpatient and business operations across 20 states in the U.S.
Our employment opportunities fill job classes in both patient care and business support services. While a majority of positions account for clinical backgrounds, HCA has many opportunities in supply chain and logistics, IT, engineering and technical, administrative and managerial, sales, finance and accounting, environmental, plant ops, HR and many more.