RF Engineer - Military Veterans
General Profile: Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise. Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices. Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. May lead functional teams or projects
- Technically lead and/or execute engineering projects, including development of key suppliers
- Problem identification and troubleshooting a wide range of complex RF problems with limited to no supervision
- Specify the development of design or modify engineering assemblies, layout/schematics and/or detailed drawings/specifications of complex scope
- Interfaces with internal and external customers regarding complex RF issues for specific projects
- Implement concepts for wide range of complex product issues and solutions
- Generate product specifications with limited to no supervision
- Specify and/or perform engineering analysis of complex scope
- Define, coordinate, perform and generate engineering test reports
- This technical staff position leads and/or develops and executes exceptionally complex technology and engineering projects and leads research and development of new technologies as appropriate. Works on difficult issues that impact design and product success and/or addresses future concepts, products or technologies. Success is measured by one or more of the following: incremental revenue growth, market share increases, key customer penetrations, time to market improvement and commercial value of the work.
- Within safety guidelines design, perform, collect data, analyze and compile reports on unusually complex engineering experiments and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
- Develop innovative solutions as part of proven track record of significant technology contributions. Recognized for technical expertise.
- Conceive and implement new technology, normally participate in at least one critical patent, and received recognition through at least one award and/or published paper within the last five years.
- Collaborates to work on difficult issues that impact design and product success and/or addresses future concepts, products and technologies.
- Design experience in High power RF generation and matching.
- Ability to rapidly generate design concepts and implement them.
- Experience in electromagnetic simulations using software like Ansys-HFSS
- Experience working with vendors to implement your designs in a timely and cost-effective fashion.
- Technically lead and execute testing of a variety of Electrical and Electronics products; responsibilities including setting product goals, develop test plans, prepare and execute lab testing, prepare test reports, perform failure analysis and recommend corrective actions.
- Hands-on development of highly customized test benches for testing of a variety of RF components like RF Match & RF Generator.
- Knowledge in Matching network topologies L, inverse L, T and Pi topologies
- Selection of RF components (e.g vacuum capacitors, different RF connectors,) and their specifications with engineering optimization.
- Experience in using network analyzer and spectrum analyzer, RF power meters, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Tuning algorithm with FPGA program.
- Experience in matching the impedance using smith chart for a typical plasma loads
- Experience to plot impedance tuning range of a Matching network on a network analyzer
- Experience of phase and magnitude detectors, VI sensors and directional couplers
- Knowledge of transmission lines, impact of transmission line length on generator-matching network-plasma dynamic interactions
- Knowledge of phase and magnitude detectors, voltage and current sensors
- Knowledge of impedance tuning control systems, path independent tuning algorithms, modeling software
- Knowledge of high power and low power RF filters, common mode chokes, transmission line transformers, circulators
- Knowledge in RF power amplifier architectures with dc power supplies
- Knowledge of two ports schematics, scattering matrix, network analyzer, spectrum analyzers.
- Expertise on low frequency (less than 1 MHz) high power matching networks schemes
- Expertise on high frequency (1-27MHz) matching networks.
- Expertise on matching networks for VHF frequencies (>40Mhz) (transmission line-based circuit elements)
- Expertise on resonant circuits, three stub tuners at microwaves frequencies (>660Mhz), circulators, isolators
- Experience in developing topology for RF Match & RF Generator
- Knowledge in Speedgoat
- Excellent analysis and trouble-shooting skills
- High frequency Structure Simulator (HFSS)
- Advanced Design System (ADS) – Circuit Simulator
- PSpice and LTSpice Circuit simulator
- COMSOL Multiphysics
- Demonstrates depth and/or breadth of expertise in own specialized discipline or field
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
- PhD/MS in RF Engineering or MS/PhD in Microwave Engineering.
- 10 to 15years in RF/Microwave design, testing & validation.
- Knowledge of the Semiconductor industry, plasma, and capital equipment experience a plus.
Years of Experience:7 - 10 Years
Travel:Yes, 10% of the Time
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A global leader in the nanomanufacturing technology solutions for the electronics industry, Applied Materials is built on the strength of talented people. We offer a wide variety of job opportunities for experienced professionals and recent college students/graduates that will capitalize on your current skills while broadening your experience and engaging you in a dynamic, fast-changing industry.
Here, you will work in community to achieve a common goal and encounter exciting new challenges every day. Our company is continually evolving: implementing innovations to make semiconductors more portable, powerful, and affordable than ever before.