Registered Nurse - PACU PRN - Military Veterans
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a PACU Nurse today with our Ambulatory Surgery Division.
We want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We are seeking a PACU Nurse for our center to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
We are seeking a PACU Nurse who demonstrates the values of our company by caring like family. You will ensure safe and effective nursing care rendered postoperatively until the patient is dismissed from the facility. With your expertise, our center will continue its’ legacy of employing nurses who contribute to the company’s mission and vision.
- Prepare your patients’ care area adequately and ensure necessary equipment and supplies and provided
- You will demonstrate proper airway management techniques
- Monitor your patients according to policy (vital signs, temperature, cardiac, etc.).
- You will exhibit proper technique for insertion, maintenance, and removal of IV catheters and saline locks
- Perform and document head to toe evaluation of your patients utilizing an approved scoring system in line with HCA policy and procedure
- Check dressings and/or operative site of your patients and report abnormalities to the surgeon
- Provide a safe and comforting environment for your patients and family
- Ensure your patients meet discharge criteria
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a PACU or ICU setting; preferably in an ambulatory surgery center.
- Active RN license as required by state of employment.
- Required valid BCLS Certification upon employment. ***online certification not acceptable.
- ACLS required.
- PALS as required by facility.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our PACU Nurse opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
HCA Serving Those Who Have Served Us So Faithfully.
Guided by the principle that quality care begins with the warmth, compassion, and positive attitude of our employees, HCA has consistently proven to be the nation’s leading healthcare provider with the widest range of employment opportunities.
Since our founding over 40 years ago, HCA has grown in size and services with over 280 affiliate facilities in 20 states and England. Our family of nearly 190,000 strong is dedicated to developing innovative strategies and practices to better the human condition.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Expert care, ethical conduct, innovative technologies, and best practices are the core of our resources. Through these, we strive to deliver high-quality, cost-effective, community-centric health care for approximately 18 million patients annually.
HCA has over 7000 open requisitions in hospitals, diagnostic, outpatient and business operations across 20 states in the U.S.
Our employment opportunities fill job classes in both patient care and business support services. While a majority of positions account for clinical backgrounds, HCA has many opportunities in supply chain and logistics, IT, engineering and technical, administrative and managerial, sales, finance and accounting, environmental, plant ops, HR and many more.