This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
Must have at the time of offer and maintain a valid U. S. SECRET or Interim Secret Security Clearance. The MWR Specialist Lead is responsible for performing and overseeing the day-to-day operational tasks for any one of the following functional areas: Fitness, Lounge, Housekeeping/Custodial, Lodging Front Desk, Community Activities Centers (CAC), Learning Resource Center (LRC), Media Center and Theater which all operate 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Services provided include but are not limited to; customer service, cashier, bartending, lounge support services, basic facility & equipment maintenance, coordination of special events, games, cultural tours, day or evening trips, and other supporting activities as specified in the Performance Work Statement. The MWR Specialist reports to the assigned Dept. Manager.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Responsible for performing all duties required for the operation of installation services. Duties include, but are not limited to, cashier, customer service, bartending, lounge support, basic maintenance and cleaning, inventory, stocking, basic technical equipment assistance, event setup and break down, tour & trips guide, lodging front desk operation, linen exchange, etc. as specified in the Performance Work Statement.
2. Responsible for monitoring other country nationals in accordance with AFCENTI 32-1002 and obtain escort badge.
3. Provides excellent customer service and performs related tasks in all functional areas of Recreational Services.
4. Responsible for communicating and upholding company standards, leading by example, working as a team and providing clean, friendly and well maintained facilities.
5. Responsible for the maintenance and condition of the equipment in the facility. Shall maintain procedures for tracking and issuing equipment to guests.
6. Shall complete and maintain inventories. Complete necessary documentation and/or work orders.
7. Shall provide set up and breakdown of Government furnished equipment such as tables, chairs, music system, ice chests, stages, etc.
8. Responsible for maintaining a safe, clean, sanitary, healthy, presentable, professional atmosphere, free of dust, clutter and trash in all working facilities and areas.
9. Responsible for completing all assigned Vectrus and Government required training courses.
10. Responsible for proper utilization and safeguarding of all government and contractor provided property (e.g., to include government facilities, equipment and tools).
11. Responsible for precise execution of company time reporting procedures and accurate completion of timesheet.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Cash register, various hand tools, supplies and cleaning equipment.
Work will be primarily indoors, but may be outdoors to support various events. Exposure to heat, cold, dust, noise, chemicals may occur. Overtime and shift work may be required depending on contractual needs. Employee must comply with all Federal, State and Local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions. Task specific work environment training will be provided as required. Must be prepared to function in a wartime environment to support U. S. interests. 100% Overseas Assignment.
Physical requirements may include lifting up to 35lbs, team lifting 50lbs, climbing, extended sitting, and standing, stooping, stretching or bending.
- Must have a High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have at the time of offer and maintain a valid U. S. SECRET or Interim Secret Security Clearance. Clearance will be verified upon offer.
- Must have a valid U. S. Passport and U. S. Driver's License.
- Must be capable of obtaining an Air Force flight line driver's license and capable of driving a manual transmission, CDLA and forklift experience preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English fluently.
- Must be able to pass employment and deployment qualification requirements that include psychological, medical, dental, drug testing, background checks, etc.
- Must have Serve-Safe Alcohol Awareness certification if assigned to Lounge/Bartender work.
- Must have CPR/AED/First Aid certification to work in any Fitness Center.
- Experience with Epitome, preferred
- Candidates must successfully complete both online and hands on CBRN (chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear) defense training. Training includes the successful fit testing of DOD provided protective gear.
A minimum of one year of working in customer service with retail, hotel front desk operations and/or restaurant experience. Prior Air Force experience in Services career field preferred.
Great communication, teamwork, decision making, and customer service skills.
Capable of operating audio and visual equipment.
Must be proficient with Microsoft programs such as Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.
Able and willing to work periods of long hours to meet mission requirements
Military experience in a contingency environment and knowledge and experience working with government contracts preferred.
Vectrus is a leading global government services company with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and base operations; supply chain and logistics services; information technology mission support; and engineering and digital integration services to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships and a strong commitment to their customers' mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and includes about 6,700 employees spanning 129 locations in 22 countries. In 2018, Vectrus generated sales of $1.3 billion. To learn about career opportunities at Vectrus, visit www.vectrus.com/careers.