We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
LAN Administrators shall be the Helpdesk POC for all local NIPR and SIPR enterprise systems issues, create and/or manage trouble tickets, and monitor status and report outages to INOSC Operations. LAN Administrators work in a team environment on routine maintenance tasks as well as provide customers with solutions to more complex issues. LAN administrators troubleshoot network problems, outages, anomalies as required.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES: Please list by order of priority and, if possible, provide the percentage of time spent on the activity all should equal 100%.
1. Performs Client Support Administration (CSA) responsibilities in accordance with Air Force directives.
2. Operates and maintains all aspects of server administration to include but is not limited to Microsoft 200X Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, print server, etc.
3. Creates customer network accounts and maintain administrative documentation.
4. Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of network related equipment.
5. Implements Notices to Airmen (NOTAM), Time Compliance Network Orders (TCNO), and Maintenance Tasking Order (MTO), Authorized Service Interruption (ASI).
6. Performs backup and data recovery operations.
7. Maintains and updates Network Diagrams.
8. Understands, troubleshoots and maintains LAN networks and peripheral devices connected to the network.
9. Configures, installs and maintains network encryption devices on the LAN.
10. Configures iPhone devices for the integration with the iPhone server and the Enterprise.
11. Performs technical analysis and renders recommendations as to the feasibility of implementation into the existing server and network environment.
12. Maintains daily contact with the Program Management chain and Government personnel to assist in the timely resolution of technical problems and to execute the operational functions that require their personal attention
13. Performs other duties as required.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Cisco Routers and Switches
Cisco Call Managers
Network Diagnostic software and/or tools
Work is 60% in office and 40% physical on equipment work at various locations on location. Work will include but is not limited to account creation, client terminal configuration, network documentation and diagrams, network cable installation, switch/router configuration, LAN/WAN troubleshooting, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, Network monitoring, management and administration of network devices. Required to work to perform oncall duties.
Work will require continuous walking, prolong standing, sitting, bending, and climbing stairs. Regular housekeeping duties and lifting up to 25 pounds may be required.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
High school diploma required. BS/BA in Computer Science or directly related field (e.g. Information Systems, Information Technology)
Certifications: This position requires DoDI 8570.01-M IAT Level II certification and corresponding Computing Environment certification. Must have the following: Security+. Additionally one of the following CE certifications: CCNA, CCNP, CCVP, MCSE, MCITP is preferred.
Knowledge of and experience with U.S. DOD military mission, structure, doctrine, technical standards and specifications, and security requirements. Experience in system administration, including system maintenance, workstation support, internet connectivity, load monitoring, security, protocols, knowledge of LAN/WAN networking, servers, operating systems, and applications.
Fluency in reading, writing, and speaking the English language to include the ability to comprehend and interpret electronic and technical data, schematics and diagrams in accordance with American National Standards Institute (ANSI) format and U.S. Military Standards. Familiar with MS Office programs.
Security Clearance required; Active Secret
Vectrus is a leading global government services company with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and base operations; supply chain and logistics services; information technology mission support; and engineering and digital integration services to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships and a strong commitment to their customers' mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and includes about 6,700 employees spanning 129 locations in 22 countries. In 2018, Vectrus generated sales of $1.3 billion. To learn about career opportunities at Vectrus, visit www.vectrus.com/careers.