Title:Risk Capability Modeller
Sellafield Ltd awarded a 20-year contract to four organisations in May 2019, which will help deliver the site’s decommissioning programme, with KBR acting as the Integration Partner
Description of work scope to be completed:
To deliver a risk management service with a specific focus on Quantitative Risk Analysis using suitable tools, processes, procedures and techniques, to support portfolio/programme & project decision making.
To ensure the business is fully focused on successful achievement of its commitments, goals and objectives. Via the use of Pertmaster or suitably equivalent software.
To provide specialist knowledge to support and drive Risk Management improvements through the Central Risk Team with a focus on Quantitative Risk Analysis.
Project / Phase Information:
Multiple – the candidate will be supporting a range of projects at various points in their lifecycle as required.
Carrying out Integrated cost and schedule, cost only and schedule only risk modelling following SL Guidance on the (Sellafield Limited Management System) SLMS and contained within the Risk Capabilities Risk Management Essential (RME) documents.
Sellafield Ltd Contacts and Interfaces:
When the candidate is supporting specific modelling requirement for a project, their contact will be with the project manager, project controls, estimating and risk personnel.
Special Skills or Experience Required:
• Significant Knowledge, experience and understating of using Primavera Risk Analysis (PRA aka Pertmaster)
• Ability to work on complex Projects including where there are several interdependencies and interfaces between other projects and programmes and/or with other programmes, businesses or enterprise requirements across the site.
• Provision of intelligent advice, coaching and challenge to both internal and external stakeholders
• Knowledge and understanding of project controls processes for planning, estimating and cost control to challenge at an appropriate level for risk escalation and analysis.
• Knowledge and understanding of assurance and governance required and the ability to peer review and sign off integrated cost and schedule risk analysis
• Support the application of the risk management professional framework for emerging tools and techniques and delivering their use into the business.
• May be educated/qualified to QCF Level 5/6 within the Risk profession
• Suitable relevant work experience in a safety-critical environment may be considered in lieu of formal qualifications where appropriate, including an in depth knowledge, understanding and where appropriate considerable experience in one or more of the following: Programme / Project / Operations / Maintenance Management, Safety (both convention and nuclear), Design / Engineering / Commercial.
• Membership of an appropriate professional body, for example: IRM, APM, IOSH etc.
• Knowledge, experience and understanding of defining change management and implementing innovative risk management improvements
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
KBR Government Solutions ensures mission success for customers on land, at sea, in the air, and in space and cyberspace. We create value and drive innovation by combining engineering, technical and scientific expertise with our full life cycle capabilities, mission knowledge and future-focused technologies. We are known for excelling in complex and extreme environments and trusted to overcome the nation’s most pressing challenges. When it’s mission critical, customers call KBR first - We Deliver.