Test Automation Engineer TS SCI - Military Veterans
Responsibilities for this Position
Location: USA VA Springfield|USA MO St. Louis
Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: RQ64027
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
Public Trust/Other Required:
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day. We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can't turn into opportunity. And our work depends on TS/SCI level clearedTest Automation Engineerjoining our team to support our Intelligence customer in Springfield, VA or St. Louis, MO. In this role you will:
- Analyze requirements or User Stories across products and applications to identify acceptance criteria, testing cases and test scenarios.
- Establish best practices and procedures for defining User Acceptance Tests and ensure delivery of high-quality products.
- Work with stakeholders to determine User Acceptance Tests and System Tests.
- Work closely with multiple development teams to ensure quality testing practices are incorporated across the development cycle.
- Write test documentation such as test cases, scenarios, and create test data.
- Involved in the preparation of Test Estimation, Test Strategy/Plan, Test Case execution and Defect report.
- Maintain test environments to ensure sufficient coverage for all projects.
- Deploy code into QA environment, as needed.
- Proactively initiate, develop, and maintain effective working relationships with team members
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, and work experience
- 5+ years of experience using the full spectrum of software testing methodologies on web and non-web-based applications in an automated environment
- Knowledge of programming concepts and some experience in a software programming language.
- Experienced in structuring QA test repository and automation suites based on application's functional and component structure.
- Solid communication skills - be able to explain concepts to both a technical and non-technical audience.
- Experience working with Selenium and Newton
- Comfortable working from a Linux command line.
- Comfortable working with Virtual Machines and Docker containers.
- Strong knowledge of current backbone internet protocols (HTTP, TLS/SSL, SMTP, SOAP, JSON, etc.).
- Experience with Negative Testing.
- Experience with Agile development (scrum, sprints, continuous integration)
- Python3 coding skills, particularly pytest framework (or similar).
- System level troubleshooting using wireshark, tcpdump, or similar.
- Source control tools such as git or mercurial.
- Experience with UI automation tools such as Selenium
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
T elecommuting Options:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA VA Springfield
Additional Work Locations:
USA MO St. Louis
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.\n\nGDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
General Dynamics is a global aerospace and defense company.
From Gulfstream business jets and combat vehicles to nuclear-powered submarines and communications systems, people around the world depend on our products and services for their safety and security.
We offer a broad portfolio of innovative products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons systems and munitions; IT and C4ISR solutions; and shipbuilding and ship repair.
General Dynamics employs thousands of people across the globe, with locations in more than 45 countries. We rely on the skills of our employees and their knowledge of customer requirements to deliver best-in-class products and services.