Registered Nurse Intensive Care PRN Seasonal - Military Veterans
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Work Schedule: PRN Seasonal
8/2/20 to 5/8/21
Completion bonus for qualified applicants
Medical City of Lewisville is focused on providing high-quality care to our community. As a Magnet® recognized facility, licensed for 186 beds, we are a leader in the DFW market for quality metrics, and Nursing satisfaction performance according to the National Database of Nursing Quality Indictors.
Through our many well established professional practice councils and shared leadership model, Medical City Lewisville is committed to listening to our nursing voice; which drives outcomes and impacts practice environments using evidence-based research.
Come join a team where Nurses say:
“It’s very much like family here. Everyone is friendly and gets to know one another. We take pride in the fact we have such a friendly culture while still being able to deliver exceptional care that rivals larger organizations.”
Position Summary & Responsibilities:
The Registered Nurse - Intensive Care Unit – RN ICU provides direct nursing care to patients and their families in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and implements care and interventions in addressing the problems of the neonate
- Carries out physician orders
- Assists physician during examination, treatment, and procedures
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems
- Instructs and educates patients and families
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care
- Maintains a safe and therapeutic patient care environment for at risk infants
- Orients and mentors new staff members
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required
Minimum Position Requirements:
- TX RN licensure or RN Compact State License
- BLS (AHA)
- ACLS (AHA) If currently have ACLS it must be maintained; if not, it must be obtained within 6 months of hire and then maintained.
- ADN required.
- BSN preferred. If hired into RN required position after September 2014 and no BSN, then BSN required within three years of facility date.
- Experience: Staff RN’s not hired in a graduate nurse or intern status, must have a minimum of one year recent nursing experience in area of practice in an acute care setting.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
HCA Serving Those Who Have Served Us So Faithfully.
Guided by the principle that quality care begins with the warmth, compassion, and positive attitude of our employees, HCA has consistently proven to be the nation’s leading healthcare provider with the widest range of employment opportunities.
Since our founding over 40 years ago, HCA has grown in size and services with over 280 affiliate facilities in 20 states and England. Our family of nearly 190,000 strong is dedicated to developing innovative strategies and practices to better the human condition.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Expert care, ethical conduct, innovative technologies, and best practices are the core of our resources. Through these, we strive to deliver high-quality, cost-effective, community-centric health care for approximately 18 million patients annually.
HCA has over 7000 open requisitions in hospitals, diagnostic, outpatient and business operations across 20 states in the U.S.
Our employment opportunities fill job classes in both patient care and business support services. While a majority of positions account for clinical backgrounds, HCA has many opportunities in supply chain and logistics, IT, engineering and technical, administrative and managerial, sales, finance and accounting, environmental, plant ops, HR and many more.