SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Capital Regional Medical Center is a fully-accredited healthcare facility with more than 1,100 employees and 500 physicians. A 266-bed, acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including a Pediatric ER and an Express Care ER. We also offer a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Cancer Center, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center, Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic/Spine Center, Physical Therapy Services, Stroke Center, Surgical Services, Wound Healing Center, Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices, and more.
Perform clerical and receptionist duties, in accordance with the philosophy, goals and objectives of CRMC. Perform cardiac monitoring duties, in accordance with the philosophy, goals and objectives of CRMC.
- Participate in the unit based Quality Improvement process.
- Demonstrates knowledge and respect of patient rights to privacy and protection of patient confidentiality.
- Organizes and communicates patient care activities to the patient and to the Registered Nurse.
- Monitors and documents information regarding patient activities, as directed by the Registered Nurse.
- Completes, executes and performs secretarial tasks such as, Order Entry, filing and organizing patient charts.
- Communicates, interacts and participates in team work on the unit.
- Demonstrates an understanding of patient charts, physician orders and nursing orders.
- Promotes and displays a positive customer oriented demeanor to patients, visitors, staff and physicians.
- Demonstrates an understanding and is proficient in the use of a computer and office equipment.
- Maintains the unit in optimal operating condition by ordering supplies, cleaning general work stations and stocking of supplies.
- Ability to perform cardiac rhythm monitoring and the reports changes to RN appropriately.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient’s care which results in patient harm.
- Attends inservice presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your benefits include:
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee discount program
- Employee stock purchase program
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- BLS – AHA Healthcare Provider required
- Unit secretary skills preferred
- Must have completed a basic arrhythmia class and /or pass arrhythmia test with > 90% upon hire required
- Experience preferred
- Read and writes Basic English
- Knowledge of universal precautions
- Ability to use a computer, typewriter and calculator
- Ability to move in excess of 50 pounds, with assistance from other staff (medium work)
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
HCA Serving Those Who Have Served Us So Faithfully.
Guided by the principle that quality care begins with the warmth, compassion, and positive attitude of our employees, HCA has consistently proven to be the nation’s leading healthcare provider with the widest range of employment opportunities.
Since our founding over 40 years ago, HCA has grown in size and services with over 280 affiliate facilities in 20 states and England. Our family of nearly 190,000 strong is dedicated to developing innovative strategies and practices to better the human condition.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Expert care, ethical conduct, innovative technologies, and best practices are the core of our resources. Through these, we strive to deliver high-quality, cost-effective, community-centric health care for approximately 18 million patients annually.
HCA has over 7000 open requisitions in hospitals, diagnostic, outpatient and business operations across 20 states in the U.S.
Our employment opportunities fill job classes in both patient care and business support services. While a majority of positions account for clinical backgrounds, HCA has many opportunities in supply chain and logistics, IT, engineering and technical, administrative and managerial, sales, finance and accounting, environmental, plant ops, HR and many more.