DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
About Las Palmas Medical Center
Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women’s Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility are committed to caring for our community with compassionate, quality healthcare.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, student loan assistance, and employee discount program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the unit Director or designee the Charge Nurse assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions in the unit on his/her designated shifts. In collaboration with other members of the management team, this individual is responsible for the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in unit. The Charge Nurse also provides feedback to the nursing director regarding patient care, budgetary, and strategic planning opportunities for improvement.
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served: Acute medical/surgical care of diseases and conditions including but not limited to: cardiovascular (cardiac medical only) pulmonary, neuro, GI, GU, skeletal/muscular, renal, ortho conditions and diseases including but not limited to: AMI, CAD, PVD, CVA/TIA, COPD, CHF, shock, renal failure, metabolic disorders, etc.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process for Neuroscience patients of appropriate ages in each assigned areas; i.e. craniotomies, pituitary surgical patients, ischemic stoke classification, VP shunts and cervical and lumber surgeries.
- Assesses and monitors and recognizes changes in the patient’s behavioral, neurological and physiological status; takes appropriate action based on assessment.
- Utilizes professional skills and judgment in delivering and/or delegating care for patients.
- Assists with unit employee process activities, including orientation, professional development.
- Provides for the processing of patients transitions thru department, and movement of patients to other levels of care; i.e. rehab.
- Assists in the Performance Improvement activities of the department, such as pain, adaptation, mobility, and outcomes.
- Educates the patient/family based on individual needs. Will need 10 hours of stroke education per year.
- Provides and ensures patient safety at all times.
- Specializes in the care of patient’s with biopsychosocial alteration due to nervous system dysfunction.
- Responsible for maintaining and meeting AANN and JCAHO standards.
- Other duties as assigned within scope and practice of licensure.
- ACLS (employee will have 30 days to renew certifications upon returning from a LOA) new nurses have up to 6 months to obtain ACLS
- RN licensed in State of Texas or compact State Nursing license
- Preferred experience as RN in Critical Care, Med-Surg.
- TNCC and PCRN certification.
- Effective communication skills; both orally and written.
- Computer skills; i.e. word processing systems used by Las Palmas Medical Center.
- Ability to work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care.
- Strong problem solving skills (Critical Thinking Skills).
- Ability to move an excess of 100 pounds, with assistance from other staff.
- Knowledge of general hospital operations.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
HCA Serving Those Who Have Served Us So Faithfully.
Guided by the principle that quality care begins with the warmth, compassion, and positive attitude of our employees, HCA has consistently proven to be the nation’s leading healthcare provider with the widest range of employment opportunities.
Since our founding over 40 years ago, HCA has grown in size and services with over 280 affiliate facilities in 20 states and England. Our family of nearly 190,000 strong is dedicated to developing innovative strategies and practices to better the human condition.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Expert care, ethical conduct, innovative technologies, and best practices are the core of our resources. Through these, we strive to deliver high-quality, cost-effective, community-centric health care for approximately 18 million patients annually.
HCA has over 7000 open requisitions in hospitals, diagnostic, outpatient and business operations across 20 states in the U.S.
Our employment opportunities fill job classes in both patient care and business support services. While a majority of positions account for clinical backgrounds, HCA has many opportunities in supply chain and logistics, IT, engineering and technical, administrative and managerial, sales, finance and accounting, environmental, plant ops, HR and many more.