SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women’s Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility are committed to caring for our community with compassionate, quality healthcare.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include participation of 401k. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process for Endoscopy patients of all ages in each assigned area.
- Nurse provides leadership and direction to all disciplines assigned to the health care team
- Provides for the smooth processing of patients into and out of the department
- Assist in the Performance Improvement activities of the department
- Endoscopy RN demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process related in the admitting, intraprocedure and recovery areas
- Monitors and recognizes changes in the patient's behavioral and physiological status; takes the appropriate action based on assessment when administer, monitor, and recover patients involving the use of conscious sedation
- Utilizes professional skills and judgment to coordinate cases for the Endoscopy unit: assigning patients and appropriate staff to procedure rooms; accommodate physicians with preferred times; problem solve scheduling issues with add-ons, staff changes/shortages, and patient issues.
- Educates the patient/family based on individuals needs
- Provides and ensures patient safety at all times.
- Maintains patient privacy at all times.
- Assist physicians with specific Endoscopy procedures according to SGNA.
- Has the ability to use all the equipment in the endoscopy unit in a proficient and safe manner.
- Logs in the unit pertinent data in the log book completely, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Coordinates with OR, Radiology and with other staff members to facilitate the management of the day's schedule cases.
- Is responsible for following the hospital and unit policies and procedures
- Provides care for endoscopy outpatients, bedside ER, ICU, PICU cases.
- Responsible for meeting SGNA and JCAHO standards
- Attends and participates in unit meetings, if not in attendance is responsible for reading the minutes of the meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Licensure that allows the practice of professional nursing in the state of Texas.
- ACLS (with exception of GN , 6 months from DOH)
- Conscious sedation certification (3 months from DOH)
- 1-2 years nursing experience.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to move in excess of 100 pounds with assistance from other staff.
- Ability to manage a team and work within a tam to ensure quality patient care.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Critical thinking skills and ability to prioritize needs continuously
- Basic computer skills
- Preferred experience in Endoscopy
- Specialty certification as appropriate
- Able to recognize Cardiac Dysrhythmias
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
HCA Serving Those Who Have Served Us So Faithfully.
Guided by the principle that quality care begins with the warmth, compassion, and positive attitude of our employees, HCA has consistently proven to be the nation’s leading healthcare provider with the widest range of employment opportunities.
Since our founding over 40 years ago, HCA has grown in size and services with over 280 affiliate facilities in 20 states and England. Our family of nearly 190,000 strong is dedicated to developing innovative strategies and practices to better the human condition.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Expert care, ethical conduct, innovative technologies, and best practices are the core of our resources. Through these, we strive to deliver high-quality, cost-effective, community-centric health care for approximately 18 million patients annually.
HCA has over 7000 open requisitions in hospitals, diagnostic, outpatient and business operations across 20 states in the U.S.
Our employment opportunities fill job classes in both patient care and business support services. While a majority of positions account for clinical backgrounds, HCA has many opportunities in supply chain and logistics, IT, engineering and technical, administrative and managerial, sales, finance and accounting, environmental, plant ops, HR and many more.