DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Patient Care Technician.
At Memorial, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
As a PCT in our 2 North CV Med Floor, you will deliver high-quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of important patient care services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily listing. Under supervision of the RN, you will assist the nursing staff in providing patient care with your skills and training and in accordance with the needs of our department. The Patient Care Technician will consistently assist the patient care team by maintaining a clean, well-organized and safe patient care environment.
What you will do in this role:
- You will participate in the implementation of nursing care plans by performing direct and indirect patient care under supervision of the licensed nurse.
- You will promote consistent, positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service.
- You will demonstrate caring and empathy in all interactions, while advocating for patient- and family- centered approach in all decisions and actions.
- You will demonstrate excellent communication skills, including active listening to ensure patients, physicians and colleagues have a clear understanding of all pertinent information.
What qualifications you will need:
- Licensed as a CNA in this state OR be currently enrolled in a nursing program at an accredited school, having completed the Fundamentals of Nursing Course.
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required.
- 1 year of acute/hospital experience is preferred.
Now celebrating over 50 years of service - Memorial Hospital Jacksonville, a facility of HCA Healthcare - South Atlantic Division, has built a strong tradition of providing quality healthcare to Northeast Florida and surrounding areas. Memorial Hospital Jacksonville is a 400+ bed, acute care hospital offering a full line of services, including 24-hour emergency care at four different locations.
- an accredited Chest Pain Center
- Certified Stroke Center
- Dedicated Heart Center
- State of the art Spine Clinic
- Special Beginnings – the Memorial Hospital maternity center
Fully accredited by the Joint Commission of Accreditation (JCA), Memorial Hospital Jacksonville is known as a leader in innovative healthcare with a reputation maintained through our excellent staff, along with technological advances, growth and expansion to meet the ongoing needs of our community.
Memorial Hospital Jacksonville is also a Certified Level II Trauma Center, which means we provide a higher level of care for the most critically injured patients. It also means our standards and performance are regularly reviewed by the Florida Department of Health.
HCA Healthcare, the parent company of Memorial Hospital Jacksonville, has been consecutively named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere Institute since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
We are a family 270,000 strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
HCA Serving Those Who Have Served Us So Faithfully.
Guided by the principle that quality care begins with the warmth, compassion, and positive attitude of our employees, HCA has consistently proven to be the nation’s leading healthcare provider with the widest range of employment opportunities.
Since our founding over 40 years ago, HCA has grown in size and services with over 280 affiliate facilities in 20 states and England. Our family of nearly 190,000 strong is dedicated to developing innovative strategies and practices to better the human condition.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Expert care, ethical conduct, innovative technologies, and best practices are the core of our resources. Through these, we strive to deliver high-quality, cost-effective, community-centric health care for approximately 18 million patients annually.
HCA has over 7000 open requisitions in hospitals, diagnostic, outpatient and business operations across 20 states in the U.S.
Our employment opportunities fill job classes in both patient care and business support services. While a majority of positions account for clinical backgrounds, HCA has many opportunities in supply chain and logistics, IT, engineering and technical, administrative and managerial, sales, finance and accounting, environmental, plant ops, HR and many more.