Plant Safety Coordinator - Military Veterans
Sonoco Recycling, LLC is looking for a Safety Coordinator for their Columbia location. Applicants must be willing to work overtime, weekends, and be called in as needed to resolve issues at the facility.
This job requires a candidate with outstanding leadership skills and a passion for safety. Competitive candidates will have an understanding of Sonoco’s safety program and rules, strong oral and written communication skills, motivational skills, computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office, knowledge of plant operations, and be willing to lead meetings. Interested candidates can email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate that you are applying for the Plant Safety Coordinator position.
Examples of duties include but are not limited to:
- Directly assists Plant Manager and site safety coordinator in the responsibility of the department Safety Program.
- Ensures all divisional and plant safety rules and requirements are met and is expected to be a leader for safety program implementation.
- Works with department management to ensure all necessary safety training is updated, complete, and documented. A key member of the management team working with supervisors, leaders, and team members to ensure the safety of all individuals in the department.
- Provides guidance for programs and techniques to enhance safety awareness and maintain employee motivation in regards to safety.
- Assists in maintaining necessary documentation on safety related items involving historical data, inspection records, training of employees and other safety related items.
- Acts as active member of the Safety Committee. Ensures active involvement of the Safety Committee throughout the department. Conducts monthly safety audits and compiles audit results and tracks safety indexes.
- Ensures all safety meetings are being held and documented.
- Assist with the investigation of all injuries and close calls. Make appropriate recommendations to prevent recurrence
- Develops JSAs, HECPs, and other work instructions. Ensures annual reviews are being conducted.
- Proactive and creative in finding and implementing new ideas to improve safety and reduce risk to our people
- Performs other similar and related duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.
We bring more to packaging than just the package.
Combining actionable insights, intellectual capital, purposeful innovation and our industry-leading packaging and services portfolio to create impactful solutions that build stronger brands.
Providing Innovative Packaging Solutions
Sonoco is a $5 billion global provider of consumer packaging, industrial products and packaging supply chain services. When collaborating with our customers, we leverage our deep knowledge of material science, our i6 Innovation Process™, and our industry-leading packaging and services portfolio to create impactful customized solutions that build stronger brands.
We produce packaging for many of the world’s most recognized brands, in markets such as appliances and electronics, automotive, beverages, confection, construction, converted paperboard, fresh and natural food, frozen and refrigerated food, shaving, home, lawn and garden, medical/pharmaceutical, pet care, powdered beverages, recycling and snacks.
Sonoco’s operations consist of our global consumer packaging businesses (rigid paper and closures, flexibles and plastics); our display and packaging division (high-impact retail displays and packaging supply chain management); our industrial businesses (tubes and cores, reels and spools, uncoated recycled paperboard and Sonoco Recycling, one of the world’s largest recyclers); and our Protective Solutions division (custom-designed protective, temperature-assurance and retail security packaging solutions and highly engineered components).
From our headquarters in Hartsville, S.C., and more than 300 operations in 33 countries, we serve customers in 85 nations.