Advanced Project Engineer - Military Veterans
The future is what we make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who
make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even
making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell Intelligrated has an opening for a high-level Project Manager to support product development of our Automation Hardware business. At Honeywell Intelligrated Advanced Project Engineers are leaders who guide cross functional teams and projects with enthusiasm, optimism and with a future-oriented spirit. Advanced Project Engineers are responsible for multi-million-dollar development projects within the warehouse, ecommerce, logistics and distribution and postal and parcel industries. Advanced Project Engineers work with numerous functions including mechanical, electrical, controls and software engineering as well as sourcing, marketing, offering management, and sales personnel to plan and execute development projects. They are highly organized individuals with an understanding of all aspects of business functions. Advanced Project Engineers should speak the language of each functional group to plan and control project scope, schedule, and budget so that projects can achieve commercial success.
· Advanced Project Engineers take initiative, have a professional bearing and commands skills that engage project stakeholders.
· Directs project team consisting of mechanical, electrical, controls, software, quality and manufacturing engineers along with marketing, sourcing, and finance associates.
· Works with offering management to build and pitch project business cases to leadership.
· Prepares, publishes, distributes and maintains a project schedule with milestones for all disciplines and business constraints.
· Creates, tracks, and controls project budget. Understands and verifies project revenue targets.
· Executes projects according to constraints. Facilitates project scope changes and clarifies and mitigates risks and issues.
· Creates and maintains project records. Archives proper files for retention.
· Ensures smooth and consistent communication and exchanges of data between project stakeholders.
YOU MUST HAVE
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or engineering-adjacent Business discipline
· PMP Certification or agreement to work towards certification
· A minimum of 5 years technical experience with engineering or technical project management
· Experience within automation, material handling, construction, or other electro-mechanical equipment
· Comprehensive computer application skills – Microsoft Office including Microsoft Project
Cross functional team management experience
- JOB ID: HRD95874
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 7901 Innovation Way,Mason,Ohio,45040,United States
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.