Technical Editor/Designer - Military Veterans
Responsibilities for this Position
Location: USA DC Washington
Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: RQ56183
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Public Trust/Other Required:
The Technical Editor/Designer supports internal communication workflows and the production of federal reports, forms and other published documents and ensures that they follow 508 standards and guidelines for federal documents. The Technical Editor/Designer oversees layout, production and 508 remediation of publications, in support of a federal agency in Washington, DC.The Editor/Designer builds and maintains SharePoint sites and content workflows in support of all agency divisions. Duties include:
- Overseeing the overall effort to design, layout and performing complete audits and validation testing on reports, forms and published documents, based upon Section 508 accessibility guidelines.
- Using Adobe Creative Suite CS6 including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator to design and layout reports, newsletters and other published materials.
- Using advanced InDesign's tools to layout documents and export as Sec. 508 compliant PDFs as required. Using accessibility techniques to prepare InDesign files for web publishing.
- Designing mockups and camera-ready artwork with custom graphics, text and photography.
- Using Adobe Livecycle Designer to develop static and dynamic forms in accordance with Office of Management and Budget (OMB) guidelines and remediate them for 508 compliance purposes.
- Exporting data to EXCEL for data analysis purposes from completed forms into various formats
- Collaborating with the Division of Procedures and Policy to issue congressional reports and surveys:
- Overseeing layout, production and 508 remediation
- Imported into InDesign and using advanced InDesign features to export into a 508 compliant publication and post on the agency website.
- Designing and maintaining internal-facing SharePoint sites in support of all divisions:
- Building and maintaining document libraries and lists
- Troubleshooting SharePoint issues
- Working with division directors, project officers and other staff to build calendars and forms
- Integrating SharePoint libraries with other platforms as needed
- Creating Webparts and workflows
- Participating in special projects as assigned
This position is based in Washington, DC and requires a Public trust clearance or the ability to obtain one.
- Bachelor's in journalism, communications or a related field
- Requires 5-6 years of relevant experience
- Extensive experience using desktop publishing software and Adobe Creative suite
- Expertise in section 508 remediation and in using tools to ensure compliance with federal guidelines
- Experience using MS SharePoint and building workflows, sites, and repositories
- Expertise in MS Office applications, including MS Word and MS Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- High attention to detail
- Highly productive with minimal direct supervision
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Less than 10%
T elecommuting Options:
Some Telecommuting Allowed
USA DC Washington
Additional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.\n\nGDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
General Dynamics is a global aerospace and defense company.
From Gulfstream business jets and combat vehicles to nuclear-powered submarines and communications systems, people around the world depend on our products and services for their safety and security.
We offer a broad portfolio of innovative products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons systems and munitions; IT and C4ISR solutions; and shipbuilding and ship repair.
General Dynamics employs thousands of people across the globe, with locations in more than 45 countries. We rely on the skills of our employees and their knowledge of customer requirements to deliver best-in-class products and services.