The *System Support Specialist* provides several phases of the required systems analysis where the nature of the system is predetermined, uses established fact-finding approaches, knowledge of pertinent work processes and procedures, and familiarity with related computer programming practices, system software, and computer equipment. At this level, initial assignments are designed to expand practical experience in applying systems analysis techniques and procedures. This Analyst provides several phases of the required systems analysis where the nature of the system is predetermined, uses established fact-finding approaches, knowledge of pertinent work processes and procedures, and familiarity with related computer programming practices, system software, and computer equipment.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract)
* Applies established procedures where the nature of the system, feasibility, computer equipment and programming language have already been decided
* Carries out fact finding and analyses as assigned, usually of a single activity or a routine problem, and applies established procedures where the nature of the system, feasibility, computer equipment and programming language have already been decided.
* May assist a higher level systems analyst by preparing the detailed specifications required by computer programmers from information developed by the higher level analyst
* May research routine user problems and solve them by modifying the existing system when the solutions follow clear precedents.
* Prepare cost and deadline estimates as required for review.
* Works independently to adapt guides to specific situations; resolve problems and deviations according to established practices; and obtain advice where precedents are unclear or not available.
* Carries out objectives, priorities and deadlines as defined by the supervisor.
* May supervise technician and others who assist in specific assignments.
* Perform other qualified duties as assigned
*Knowledge & Skills*
* Must be able to Read, Write and Communicate effectively in English
* Requires competence in most phases of system analysis.
* Systems analysis and design skills in an area such as a record keeping or scientific operation.
* Knowledge of pertinent system software and computer equipment.
* Knowledge of work processes, applicable regulations, and practices of the assigned subject-matter area.
* Ability to recognize probable interactions of related computer systems and predict impact of a change in assigned system.
* Good problem-solving skills.
* Self-motivated and the ability to work independently.
*Experience & Education*
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Degree in Computer Programming is desired.
* Minimum of four-year work experience related to Computer System Analysis
*Physical Requirements/Working Environment*
o Generally, works in normal office environment, but may be required to travel domestically and internationally on short notice, to austere environments, under harsh living conditions.
o Candidates must be eligible for employment under host nation laws and must meet all host nation requirements for the advertised position.
* Some positions will be assigned to overseas locations where living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable, with long hours, exposure to weather, dust, and hazardous/harsh conditions.
* May be required to travel domestically and internationally on short notice, to austere environments, under harsh living conditions.
**Job:** **Aviation / Support*
**Title:** *System Support Specialist (future opportunities)*
**Location:** *UNITED STATES-NORTH CAROLINA-CHERRY POINT*
**Requisition ID:** *PR2001710*
DynCorp International is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. DynCorp International provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals in accordance with applicable federal law. The company will provide reasonable accommodation for the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the company’s operations. Applicants who need a reasonable accommodation during the employment application process should contact 817-224-7459. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation should call this number.
Mantech International Corporation | Jacksonville, North Carolina
Dyncorp International LLC | Cherry Point, North Carolina
CVS Health | Morehead City, North Carolina
Spectrum | Newport, North Carolina
CVS Health | New Bern, North Carolina
Aetna, Inc. | Newport, North Carolina
Aetna, Inc. | Swansboro, North Carolina
Aetna, Inc. | Morehead City, North Carolina
Aetna, Inc. | Havelock, North Carolina
Aetna, Inc. | Beaufort, North Carolina