Industrial Maintenance Reliability Technician
Sonoco – Neenah, WI
- Current shifts: 445am-1245pm; 1245pm-845pm; 845pm-445am. Shift selection is based on Department seniority
- Pay depends on experience, but selected candidates will be offered a sign-on bonus of $2500
- Relocation: There is a $2500 relocation bonus available to qualified candidates
You will like working for us as we have amazing people and a highly collaborative culture. Global success hasn’t changed our tight-knit feel – we’ve simply grown into a larger, more diverse family. We have thousands of jobs around the globe and encourage all of our associates to chase their dreams without having to find them in another company – it truly is a special place.
While reporting to the Plant Engineer, the Industrial Maintenance Reliability Technician is responsible for achieving the highest level of reliability for plant equipment through performing tasks required to maintain equipment in ‘Like New’ condition and minimize downtime. This individual will use advanced training and knowledge to perform equipment/process/system maintenance, troubleshoot equipment, make repairs and identify opportunities. Excellent attendance is crucial for the team to achieve success. You must have a proven record of success in a fast-paced environment. You must have the ability to work with various teams and have a good eye to spot defects in the packing line. You will take pride in your personal hands-on and analytical abilities, organizational skills and attention to detail.
The Industrial Maintenance Reliability Technician (IMRTech) position has three levels (I, II, and Senior). IMRTech I is an entry level position that requires certification through Sonoco’s Apprenticeship Program or equivalent. While the subsequent job titles (IMRTech II and Sr IMRTech) have similar roles and responsibilities, it is recognized that lots of work activities are only experienced due to job occurrence rate and timing. Therefore the more time on the job, the more vast the work activities experienced and expertise grows.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Work to identify safety risks and to reduce risks in behavior, equipment and processes.
- Quickly and safely troubleshoot equipment issues and implement optimum corrective action. Communicate plan of action to prevent repeat issues and assist in documenting new procedures. Typically 80% of the issues are mechanical, but technicians also need the ability to diagnose and resolve electrical issues.
- Technically skilled to Maintain, Troubleshoot, Repair, and Improve Reliability of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, piping, electrical and robotic equipment.
- Proven experience with modifying production equipment for new and changing processes, as well as, fabrication and installation.
- Technically skilled to Precision Install mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, piping, electrical and robotic equipment utilizing OEM specifications.
- Skilled in shop tools: lathes, drills, milling machines, etc.
- Precision welding based on the required application.
- Read and understand mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical schematics.
- Develop, modify, read, troubleshoot and install PLC programs.
- Create, document and perform strong Preventive/Predictive maintenance tasks/procedures to eliminate equipment breakdown failures.
- Participate in proactive maintenance activities such as FMEA’s, RCCA (Root Cause Corrective Action), Analytical Troubleshooting (ATS).
- Ability to promote to higher maintenance positions.
- Can promote, invoke and implement change where needed.
- Certified Welder.
- Strong Communication and Troubleshooting skills.
- Strong proactive maintenance and reliability thought process.
Minimum Education Required:
- Associate’s degree in Mechatronics, Industrial Maintenance or related technical field.
- Certified Welder
- 5+ years of manufacturing maintenance experience or equivalent military technical experience.
- Mechanical and Electrical Minimizer testing with minimum score.
- WorkKeys Maintenance testing at passing score.
- Sonoco IMRT competency scores.
We care about the health and wellness of you and your family. That is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that makes it easier to manage your health and provide financial security for you and your family.
Apply today and help us get stronger!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $27.00 to $34.00 per hour based on experience and competency scoring
- Maintenance technician: 5 Years (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- $2500 Sign on bonus
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.
We bring more to packaging than just the package.
Combining actionable insights, intellectual capital, purposeful innovation and our industry-leading packaging and services portfolio to create impactful solutions that build stronger brands.
Providing Innovative Packaging Solutions
Sonoco is a $5 billion global provider of consumer packaging, industrial products and packaging supply chain services. When collaborating with our customers, we leverage our deep knowledge of material science, our i6 Innovation Process™, and our industry-leading packaging and services portfolio to create impactful customized solutions that build stronger brands.
We produce packaging for many of the world’s most recognized brands, in markets such as appliances and electronics, automotive, beverages, confection, construction, converted paperboard, fresh and natural food, frozen and refrigerated food, shaving, home, lawn and garden, medical/pharmaceutical, pet care, powdered beverages, recycling and snacks.
Sonoco’s operations consist of our global consumer packaging businesses (rigid paper and closures, flexibles and plastics); our display and packaging division (high-impact retail displays and packaging supply chain management); our industrial businesses (tubes and cores, reels and spools, uncoated recycled paperboard and Sonoco Recycling, one of the world’s largest recyclers); and our Protective Solutions division (custom-designed protective, temperature-assurance and retail security packaging solutions and highly engineered components).
From our headquarters in Hartsville, S.C., and more than 300 operations in 33 countries, we serve customers in 85 nations.
Bradley-Morris, Inc. | Neenah, Wisconsin
Land O'Lakes | Kiel, Wisconsin
Koch Industries | Green Bay, Wisconsin
Land O'Lakes | Kiel, Wisconsin
Worthington Industries, Inc. | Chilton, Wisconsin
Covanta Energy | Winneconne, Wisconsin
Sonoco | De Pere, Wisconsin
Land O'Lakes | Kiel, Wisconsin
Reynolds Consumer Products | Weyauwega, Wisconsin
General Dynamics | Appleton, Wisconsin