The Technical Expert Geotechnical Analysis Support Systems role exists to ensure critical aspects of geotechnical design are undertaken. The intent of the role is provide:
- Core underground geotechnical design skills
- Ground support design and ground control skills
- Understanding of numerical modelling
- Strong analytical skills in data analysis and visualization
- Provide expert advice to ensure that best practice geotechnical design is applied to the underground mines.
- Provide expert advice to ensure that appropriate analyses are undertaken. Analysis will range from reviewing numerical modelling of mining sequences to the development of analytical tools to assist in assessing cave performance.
- Develop and coach national staff to build capacity, ensure knowledge transfer and that analyses follow international best practices.
- Provide professional advice/recommendations to PTFI leadership and supervisory staff.
- Understand and be aware of safety and environmental practices in the various work areas to ensure safe work.
- Assist in the development of the Underground Geotechnical group that provides key technical advice and support to Grasberg Underground Operations.
- Technical work for the DOZ, DMLZ and GBC caving operations and for the Big Gossan operation all within PTFI’s Grasberg business unit.
- Assist in the development of partnering arrangements with key specialist providers, such as numerical modelling consultants.
- Assist in mentoring program for national geotechnical engineers.
- Reporting to Senior Manager Underground Geotechnical Engineering Group.
- Collaborative and influencing functional peer relationships with geotechnical design teams within PTFI’s underground projects and operations.
- Collaboration with Grasberg Underground Operations.
- Close alignment with Underground Engineering, Geology, Asset Management, and Underground contractors to achieve common goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree (S1) in Mining Engineering, Civil Engineering of Geological Engineering or acceptable Tertiary qualifications with at least five (5) years working experience in the application of geotechnical engineering to underground mining.
- Demonstrated expertise in advance geotechnical analysis applied to underground mining.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others and communicate complex issues.
- Highly focused on geotechnical analysis and design as applied to underground mining and assessing geotechnical aspects of underground mine production. This requires in depth knowledge of rock engineering and knowledge of advanced modelling and analytical techniques.
- Ability to perform in-depth analysis of complex geotechnical issues and convey the results to senior management.
- Ability to develop preventive actions as opposed to corrective actions.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to work in a culturally diversified workforce.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong English skills, both oral and written.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- High level communication and presentation skills.
- Basic level of the Indonesian language in understanding and oral (preferable but not essential)
- Copper Overseas Service Company ("COSCO") promotes a drug/ alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable Company Standards
COSCO has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who receive Safety Training; or
- Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who operate equipment or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing their COSCO job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel)
Benefits: Begin first day of employment
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Relocation assistance/Ex-Pat incentives
COSCO is an equal opportunity employer
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. (FCX) is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. FCX operates large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold and molybdenum. FCX is the world’s largest publicly traded copper producer and has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. FCX is also the world’s largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer.
The company’s portfolio of assets includes the Grasberg mining complex in Indonesia, the world’s largest copper and gold mine in terms of recoverable reserves, significant mining operations in the Americas, including the large scale Morenci and Safford minerals districts in North America and the Cerro Verde and El Abra operations in South America, and the highly prospective Tenke Fungurume minerals district in the Democratic Republic of Congo. At December 31, 2010, FCX had proven and probable copper reserves of 120.5 billion pounds.
Our global workforce includes over 29,700 employees. The company has a strong commitment to safety performance, environmental management and to the local communities where it operates. FCX is a founding member of the International Council on Mining and Metals and committed to implementation of the ICMM Sustainable Development Framework.
Our stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “FCX”.