District Manager - Eastern North Carolina - Military Veterans
Combined Insurance, anindustry leader since 1922, is currently seeking a Sales Manager to join ourgrowing team.
For nearly 100 years,Combined Insurance has been providing exceptional products that have helpedmillions of policyholders and their families plan for and protect theirfutures. We are known for providing a fun work environment which allows ouremployees to achieve their personal, business, family and financial goals.
The District Manager(DM) is responsible for building, developing and managing a team of Agents thatgenerates sales to new customers, and provides sales and service support tocurrent Combined Insurance policyholders. The DM is responsible for recruitingand training new agents and delivering annual new sales objectives in anassigned territory by driving the sales process and using effective performancemanagement techniques.
- W2 status including base salary and lucrative incentive bonus opportunities
- Benefits package to include medical, dental, life, 401K, discounted company stock purchases
- Ability to earn residual income
- Field recruiting new agent candidates
- Establish local networks and sources within the territory to find qualified new agent candidates
- Conduct informational recruiting seminars for prospective new agents as needed
- Represent the company at local job fairs or other hiring events
- Coordinate to ensure all prospective agents obtain a field demo
- Conduct interviews with prospective agents
- Hire New agent candidates and/or make recommendations for hire to Market Director (MD)
- Field train all new agents for a minimum of 3 days during their first week in the field and help them achieve their PAL award
- Field train all new agents 1-3 days during weeks 2-4 as needed
- Field train established agents by accompanying them during sales visits as needed. Most days are spent with an agent in the field
- Develop expertise in all aspects of the sales process with each agent
- Develop competencies and skills in individual agents and the team that leads to meeting or exceeding goals
- Receive leads from Market Director (MD) and distribute to agents on your team
- Support agents in appointment setting as needed
- Serve as primary liaison to HR to work through any performance issues with agents
- Identify performance issues and initiate action plans based on established processes
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of sales agents to meet or exceed goals consistently (insurance industry experience a plus but experience building a sales team in other industries is acceptable as well)
- Ability to develop a business plan for growing and sustaining a sales team
- Professional verbal and written communication skills, affinity to the value of personal brand
- Coaching and mentoring skills, desire to see others achieve
- Ability to lead and facilitate group training meetings
- Conduct daily meetings with the team each morning for the purpose of training, development, and motivation
- Attend monthly and bi-weekly strategy meetings with MD and team
- Meet territory growth goals in sales premium and recruitment
- Be able to effectively demonstrate the company’s sales process
SPECIFIC SKILLS ORKNOWLEDGE
- Successful and stable work history with 1+ years of sales team management.
- Demonstrated ability to build a team through proven recruitment strategies
- High School diploma or equivalent required – college degree preferred
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and iPad at intermediate level
- Obtaining a valid Life & Health Insurance License prior to employment (we can assist with this)
This position reports tothe Market Director. If you are ready to join an industry leader andbuild a local sales team, give us a call today!
There are hundreds of insurance companies for you to consider when searching for an insurance career, so why should you choose Combined Insurance? A position with Combined Insurance is much more than just an insurance job - we believe it is the opportunity of a lifetime.
We're a leader in the supplemental insurance industry with a rich history, a solid financial base and a bright future ahead of us. We offer exciting insurance careers with unlimited potential for growth and a merit-based system of advancement.
As we continue to grow, we are looking for successful people to become Combined Insurance sales agents. Talented people in our sales force help us maintain our position as an industry leader in supplemental insurance.
Our field managers and support staff are a crucial part of the success of Combined Insurance. These key people help train and manage our agents to be the best they can be, focus on creating and maintaining relationships with businesses and their employees and assist our in-field staff with support from the home office.
Our growth also means we need quality people behind the scenes, in our corporate offices, to serve both our customers and our sales force. There is a variety of exciting insurance career opportunities in our corporate offices to explore.