Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!GENERAL PURPOSE:
Manage assigned new store, remodel and other projects from planning and design through construction completion and grand opening. Accountable for all aspects of the project including, cost and schedule. Extensive travel is required. Act as liaison for Vice President and perform projects on behalf of the Vice President as assigned.
- Oversee, assess and negotiate fees, for architects, engineers and other outside consultants. Monitor work progress and quality
- Oversee, assess, bid and negotiate General Construction Contracts. Implement, manage and maintain construction budgets and schedules according to prescribed company plans, programs, policies and procedures
- Manage all company supplied vendors and ensure performance and delivery of company responsible items and schedules.
- Coordinate all aspects of the project with company departments to ensure project delivery and completion regardless of direct responsibility or control.
- Keep Vice President of Construction apprised of any critical items or situations having impact on project delivery or cost.
- Respond to requests for information and assistance from other company departments and outside vendors and contractors.
- Maintain department policy and procedure regarding budgets, payments and change orders. Facilitate issues regarding payments with appropriate company representatives.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of all assigned projects and schedules.
- Initiate and track Capital Expenditure Requests to ensure timely review and approval.
- Maintain department stands with regard to project files and other forms of department communication.
- Will function as liaison to relieve Vice President of Construction of routine matters, and also as assigned to special projects on behalf of the VP.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- B.S. degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction with minimum of ten years retail project/construction management experience.
- Demonstrated project and time management skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Word and Excel.
- Outstanding communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to handle matters professionally, confidentially and apprise the Vice President of critical issues related to the department or company programs.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- High degree of reliability with ability to travel extensively.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritizes these tasks, and follows through to ensure timely results.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Superior analytical skills both mathematical and problem solving.
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.
Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store.
It takes an incredible team of individuals to make that possible. Whether you’re new to the workforce or an experienced professional, there’s an opportunity for you. We’re passionate, committed, collaborative, and hands-on—from our Corporate and Buying Offices to our checkouts.
So if you’re ready to be part of a Fortune 500 company that’s growing —you’re ready for a brand new opportunity at Ross Stores, Inc.
Ross Stores, Inc. | Jonesboro, Georgia
Ross Stores, Inc. | Lawrenceville, Georgia
Ross Stores, Inc. | Morrow, Georgia
Ross Stores, Inc. | Snellville, Georgia
Ross Stores, Inc. | Decatur, Georgia
Ross Stores, Inc. | , Georgia
Ross Stores, Inc. | Lawrenceville, Georgia