Producer - Military Veterans
Des Moines, IA
Tolearn more about Des Moines, click HERE.
KCCI-TV, the CBS affiliate in Des Moines, has an opening for astrong, take-charge producer who knows how to create memorable newscasts and ispassionate about politics. On a normalweek, this producer will produce the noon newscast, produce a weeklypolitical/affairs show and be a strong voice for politics in our editorialprocess. At other times, this producer will focus solely on political coverage,which might include producing candidate debates or forums, field producing atevents, as well as other assignments. The right candidate will have a trackrecord of being creative, aggressive, making decisions and communicating theplan in a clear, concise manner. We expect excellent news judgment and a can-doattitude. Candidates must be able to make politics interesting and easy tounderstand for all viewers and be committed to winning the big story, breakingnews and weather.
- Selecting, researching and writing content for live newscasts tomake the newscast an "experience" for viewers
- Working with and guiding reporters in story production
- Communicating, coordinating and executing creative vision withteam of anchors, reporters, meteorologists, photographers, editors, andproduction staff
- Excellent writing, spelling, grammar and copy-editing skills
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews andresponsibilities simultaneously
- An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understandcomponents
- Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase allresources and elements
- Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Must be available to work holidays, shifts that include nights,weekends and overnights, and flexible with schedule to be available duringbreaking news
- 2 years producing experience
- Experience in covering politics or being involved in political is a plus
- Military experience in a related occupation specialty will be considered
- College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, orrelated field preferred
- Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) withassociated producing experience will be considered
Des Moines, IA
Hearst Television is a national multi-media company with operations serving nearly three dozen U.S cities, reaching one out of every five U.S households. We deliver local and national news, weather, information, sports, and entertainment programming via every available content-delivery platform. Hearst Television is recognized as one of the media industry’s premier companies, where quality journalism and service to the community are our core values. The company and its employees have been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism, industry innovation, and community service. Hearst Television is a subsidiary of The Hearst Corporation. Founded in 1887, Hearst is one of the world’s most admired private media and information companies with some 200 business in more than 150 companies.