As a Regional Procurement Manager, you will be the main procurement contact for your assigned region of 4-6 branch offices. You will support and manage the selection of 3rd party subcontractors and 3rd party suppliers used within your region. You will develop and lead cost savings initiatives with collaboration from both the Category Managers and the branch organization. Activities include supplier development, contract management, supplier relationships, price negotiations, working capital optimization and improve communication between the central procurement teams and the branch offices. This position is responsible for impacting annual spend between $40M - $80M from a supply base of 300-400 suppliers.
How you will do it
- Matrixed reporting relationship with both the Director of Field Procurement and the Vice President of Operations or equivalent.
- Meet or exceed profit plan goals related to: Cost Savings, TWC, quality, supplier rationalization, and other agreed objectives.
- Provide input to category management team regarding the unique/specific regional needs during category strategy development.
- Creates personal development plans for team members to ensure continuous evolution and development of the team and ensure full alignment with JCI’s overall strategies.
- Works with suppliers and internal teams and act as escalation point to ensure continuity of supply to support the business unit requirements.
- Collaborate with field offices within region to identify and bring forward new/critical products and services to expand the line card product of field offerings.
- Ensure branches are utilizing fully capable and approved subcontractors as per policy / work instruction.
- Drafts and monitors appropriate controls to ensure processes and procedures are performed in a compliant manner and develop appropriate dashboards, metrics and measures to identify ongoing areas for improvement across all facets of the procurement operation.
- Works with minimal supervision and may be assisted by entry and intermediate level employees.
- Coordinates all operational procurement activities, directly manage the systems, processes and procedures governing the procurement of materials from the right suppliers, at the right price, quality and delivery requirements to support the business unit/manufacturing locations.
- Guarantee compliance with BOS procedures and DoA requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned by the director of field procurement.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with suppliers and internal customers.
- Track and report project based cost savings. Ensure validation and approval guidelines are met.
- Cultivate and promote diverse supplier relationships. Work with regional teams to report project based diverse sourcing opportunities.
- Align procurement metrics with the regional leadership team and communicate regularly with internal customers.
- Drives & implements initiatives with regional entities to regulate supplier specifics services or component volume allocations and terms, contract closure, and compliance with JCI IP, security & privacy standards
What we look for
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required.
- 5-8 years of procurement experience in the construction or trades industry
- Experience in cost analysis and strong financial knowledge.
- Good PC / software knowledge/skills.
- Procurement experience with a focus on construction and/or HVAC equipment and services.
- Electrical industry / installation knowledge a plus.
A GLOBAL LEADER
The future is being built today, and Johnson Controls is making that future more productive, more secure and more sustainable. We create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. At its core, that promise is about delivering innovation that make people’s lives – and the world – better.
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Explore our site to learn how our innovative solutions are driving the future of urban efficiency.
Kelly | Atlanta, Georgia
Anthem, Inc. | Atlanta, Georgia
Vulcan Materials Company | Atlanta, Georgia
Cushman & Wakefield and C&W Services | Atlanta, Georgia
Honeywell | Atlanta, Georgia
Honeywell | Atlanta, Georgia
Turner Construction Company | Atlanta, Georgia
Parsons Corporation | Atlanta, Georgia
LeafFilter | Norcross, Georgia
Koch Industries | Atlanta, Georgia