Amerita, Inc. is a leading provider in home Infusion therapy. We are looking for a Pharmacist to join our Pharmacy team as we grow to be one of the top home infusion providers in the country. The Pharmacist will report to the Pharmacy Manager and work in our City, State branch.
Amerita is an entrepreneurial-founded company and a wholly owned subsidiary of PharMerica. The home infusion market is positioned for rapid growth driven by the aging population, increase in chronic diseases, robust pipeline of infusible drugs coming to market, and an industry shift from hospital delivery settings to lower-cost, high-quality alternative providers such as Amerita.
As a core member of the Pharmacy team, you will be expected to perform pharmaceutical care activities for customers and patients within the service area. We will help you achieve your goals through continuous professional development and regular career progression discussions.
As a Pharmacist, you will...
- Evaluate and monitor drug therapy relative to the total needs of the home care patient in collaboration with physicians, nurses and other healthcare professionals.
- Adhere to organization policies and procedures and all applicable state and federal laws and regulations governing pharmacy practice.
- Adhere to all appropriate standards of accreditationand participate in quality assurance activities.
- Coordinate and facilitate new referrals and admissions through collaboration with nurses, customer service and distribution.
- Review, receive and verify all new patient orders and document on the respective order form.
- Assist the physician and other involved healthcare professionals with:
- Planning and implementing patient care in the home;
- Setting therapeutic objectives for drug therapy;
- Establishing parameters for monitoring the safety and efficacy of drug therapy; and
- Preparting regular progress reports.
- Conduct and document initial and ongoing assessment of specific patient, drug and disease information to identify real and potential drug-related problems or needs.
- Monitor the outcomes of drug therapy by collecting, evaluating and interpreting the results of laboratory data, clinical data and other pertinent patient information.
- Provide consultation and answer inquiries from patients, families, physicians and other healthcare professionals regarding drugs and their use.
- Maintain thorough and appropriate documentation in the customer/patient record of all clinical activities and communication with patients, physicians and other healthcare professionals.
- Process and check all medications, supplies and equipment prior to dispensing from the pharmacy.
- Maintain clinical skills and knowledge of pharmacotherapy by reviewing literature and attending in-services, seminars and conferences.
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy required; Doctor of Pharmacy preferred
- Registered Pharmacist License in state(s) of practice
- Minimum of two (2) years of recent experience in an acute-care setting or one (1) year of recent experience in home infusion therapy
- Experience with compounding infused drugs
- Proven record of evaluating and monitoring drug therapies for home care patients
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Participation and membership in professional societies and organizations is desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work on-call evenings and weekends on an as-scheduled basis
About our Line of Business
BrightSpring is the parent company of a family of services and brands that provides clinical, nonclinical, pharmacy and ancillary care services for people of all ages, health and skill levels across home and community settings.
The company is the leading provider of diversified home and community-based health and pharmacy services to medically complex and high-need populations. Its primary businesses include: behavioral health (including autism services), home health care (including personal care, home health, and hospice), neuro therapy, and job placement and vocational training, supported by pharmacy and telecare ancillary technologies and services. These businesses employ over 50,000 dedicated team members in 50 states and provide services for over 350,000 people every day.
BrightSpring. Not just your best career. Your best life.
At BrightSpring, we need excellent people. To do excellent things. Have you wanted to make a difference in the lives of people – or entire communities? At BrightSpring you can.
This in fact could be the amazing opportunity you have been looking for. Have you wanted to find a place where there was no limit to the training you can receive throughout your career? BrightSpring® has it all. Why not find out what we can offer you?
BrightSpring lets you choose the health care field that fits you best.
· HomeCare Services
· Community Living Services
· Family & Youth Services
· Neuro Rehabilitation Services
· Behavioral Health Services
· Telecare & Remote Support
· Pharmacy Services
· Workforce Services
At BrightSpring, we’re putting out the call for everyone from caregivers to nurses to specialists to administrators to business leaders and IT innovators. If you want to be a part of an organization that is shaping the future of American health care, we invite you to take a look at what BrightSpring can offer you…