Airfield Operations Manager - Military Veterans
The*ACCOM Airfield Operations Manager*is responsible for airfield operations functions and activities. Designee will be responsible for the overall direction and management of services provided by contracted airfield operations team.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
* Provides the government airfield operations leadership with guidance and recommendations for facility operations, programs, policy, and personnel actions.
* Coordinates with various controllers and personnel to relay information which pertains to the aircraft an in the interest of safety of flight including emergency information.
* Designee will be familiar with radar or control tower operations and apply the required separation of aircraft.
* The designee will have full working knowledge of RADAR/Manual approach control operations, control tower and flight planning.
* Designee will be required to assist the government in the planning, organizing and directing of airfield activities to include airfield construction/repairs, airfield driving program, ice/snow removal operations, Bird/Wildlife control, etc.
* Procures, maintains, and produces information on safe operation of aircraft through the national and international airspace system such as Flight Information Publications, aeronautical charts and maps, NOTAM, local airfield and navigational aid status, and weather information.
* Process domestic and international flight plans.
* Coordinates with base agencies to meet aircrew requirements for refueling, transportation, and transient aircraft maintenance.
* Coordinate with aircraft crews, air traffic control and various base agencies that provide for safe operation of aircraft in the airfield environment and through national and international airspace
* Procure, maintain and produce information on safe operation of aircraft through the national and international airspace system
* Provide Notice to Airmen (NOTAM), local airfield and navigational status, weather information and flight following services.
* Direct, assist and provide aircrews with information and services to accomplish operation activities relating to airfield management and flight planning
* Coordinate with other agencies to meet aircrew requirements for billeting, messing, refueling, transportation and transient aircraft maintenance
* Performs “Reception, Staging, Onward movement and Integration” (RSO&I) functions for transiting aircraft and crews
* Performs and supervises airfield management activities and oversees equipment and material within assigned area of responsibility
* Plans and oversees the execution of any additional services requested by the customer
* Perform other qualified duties as assigned
*Knowledge & Skills*
* Knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, instructions, and directives pertaining to airfield planning and design criteria, aircraft operations, and airfield management
* Knowledge of safety and security regulations, practices, and procedures
* Knowledge of ICAO and/or United States federal and military air regulations, flight data and NOTAM systems preferred
* Familiar with navigational aids, basic aircraft design characteristics, fundamentals of meteorology, and principles of organization, purpose, operation, and management of airfield operational areas
* Ability to identify, analyze, and translate complex information, making appropriate judgments, and evaluating options concerning airfield operations and maintenance
* Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
* Knowledge of US military operations and contracting support in a contingency environment
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
* Advanced organizational skills, computer literacy, and demonstrated expertise of research methodologies
* Additional knowledge/skill requirements may be required by assignment or contract
*Experience & Education*
* HS Diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred.
* Graduate of an approved DoD or FAA ATC course and Graduate of an approved DoD/FAA Airfield Managers course.
* Minimum eight (8) years of airfield operations experience.
* Knowledge of ATC rules, regulations, and techniques; control tower, approach control operations and airfield management.
* Additional experience/education may be required by assignment or contract
*Physical Requirements/Working Environment*
* Assigned to overseas locations where living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable, with long hours, exposure to weather, dust, and hazardous/harsh conditions
* Ability to travel domestically and internationally
**Job:** **Aviation / Support*
**Title:** *Airfield Operations Manager*
**Requisition ID:** *1903775*
DynCorp International is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. DynCorp International provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals in accordance with applicable federal law. The company will provide reasonable accommodation for the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the company’s operations. Applicants who need a reasonable accommodation during the employment application process should contact 817-224-7459. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation should call this number.