Join our PharMerica team! PharMerica is a closed-door pharmacy where you can focus on fulfilling the pharmaceutical needs of our long-term care and senior living clients. We offer a non-retail pharmacy environment. Our organization is in high growth mode, which means advancement opportunities for individuals who are looking for career progression!
Health, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
Company paid STD and LTD
Employee Discount Program
Our Pharmacy group focuses on providing exceptional customer service and meeting the pharmacy needs for hospitals, rehabilitation hospitals, long-term acute care hospitals, and other specialized care centers nationwide. If your passion is service excellence and top-quality care come join our team and apply today!
$500 Sign-on / Retention Bonus
• Reconciles daily, weekly and monthly census updates provided by facilities. Verifies payer information, patient demographics, and other patient account information with a high level of accuracy in a timely manner.
• Responsible for maintaining an inventory of changes to account information at the facility/patient level. Ultimate responsibility to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the payer hierarchy for patient accounts.
• Works with internal and external customers to resolve assigned portfolio of accounts. Productivity records will also be maintained within expected deadlines.
• Supports other departments, such as Billing, when volume or needs dictate.
• Responsible to maintain the data integrity of alternate databases including but not limited to Payer code cross walks and bed/room stations (i.e. Hierarchy tool, Census tracker).
• Work with customers and/or electronic interface to ensure receipt and completion of census documents according to Policy and Procedures.
• Collaborate with billing team to promote accurate customer billing.
• Foster team unity and team success through the sharing of knowledge, mentoring new associates and helping others successfully meet deadlines and objectives.
• Works with Census Manager/Supervisor in researching pharmacy accounts requiring special attention, as indicated on Census reports and taking all necessary action to ensure accuracy of data being entered.
• Works with Census Manager/Supervisor and other members of the management team on special projects as needed.
• Performs other tasks as assigned.
• Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, its policies and procedures, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
• Education/Learning Experience
• Required: High School graduate, GED or equivalent experience
• Work Experience
• Required: 1 year billing and/or collections experience
• Desired: Third Party Billing or collections/billing experience in the healthcare industry; AS400 computer experience
• Required: Data entry, MS Excel and Word and basic computer knowledge, ability to work in high volume, fast paced environment
• Desired: Understanding of basic insurance terminology, 10-key
About our Line of Business
Additional Job Information
We offer a range of benefits to full-time employees to include medical, dental, vision, health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, life, disability, paid time off, holiday, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, voluntary benefits, employee discounts and tuition reimbursement. Part-time employees are eligible for company paid sick leave and can participate in the 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, dental, vision and a number of voluntary benefit offerings.
$500 Sign On / Retention Bonus
This is an excellent opportunity to move from a retail to office environment for those who are willing to learn claims, billing and insurance processing.
Pharmacy Technician experience and/or knowledge of pharmaceuticals is a strong preference.
BrightSpring is the parent company of a family of services and brands that provides clinical, nonclinical, pharmacy and ancillary care services for people of all ages, health and skill levels across home and community settings.
The company is the leading provider of diversified home and community-based health and pharmacy services to medically complex and high-need populations. Its primary businesses include: behavioral health (including autism services), home health care (including personal care, home health, and hospice), neuro therapy, and job placement and vocational training, supported by pharmacy and telecare ancillary technologies and services. These businesses employ over 50,000 dedicated team members in 50 states and provide services for over 350,000 people every day.
BrightSpring. Not just your best career. Your best life.
At BrightSpring, we need excellent people. To do excellent things. Have you wanted to make a difference in the lives of people – or entire communities? At BrightSpring you can.
This in fact could be the amazing opportunity you have been looking for. Have you wanted to find a place where there was no limit to the training you can receive throughout your career? BrightSpring® has it all. Why not find out what we can offer you?
BrightSpring lets you choose the health care field that fits you best.
· HomeCare Services
· Community Living Services
· Family & Youth Services
· Neuro Rehabilitation Services
· Behavioral Health Services
· Telecare & Remote Support
· Pharmacy Services
· Workforce Services
At BrightSpring, we’re putting out the call for everyone from caregivers to nurses to specialists to administrators to business leaders and IT innovators. If you want to be a part of an organization that is shaping the future of American health care, we invite you to take a look at what BrightSpring can offer you…