Service Technician Trainee - Military Veterans
Summary: As a Service Technician/Trainee you are responsible for addressing our customers comfort needs through examination, diagnosis, and repair of HVAC equipment. As well as, giving recommendations for new HVAC equipment and indoor air quality products.
On the job training including classroom/office work and going into the field doing hands on maintenance
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Represents the company in professional and positive manner at all times
• Works directly with an experienced Service Technician in order to gain knowledge in the field
• Assists with the installation of HVAC systems as needed
• Maintains clean background check and driving record
• Additional duties may be assigned depending on the need of the company or client
• Appearance – Always displays a high level of appearance suitability.
• Care and Use of Equipment – Mechanically inclined and is familiarity with maintenance and repair
• Company Core Values – Follows and promotes company core values.
• Customer Service – Customer focus and responding promptly to service requests. Identifies customer needs, ability to make assessments, evaluations and communicate the services to client effectively.
• Outgoing/Personable – Ability to engage with the client to enhance sales opportunities to drive additional revenue.
• Quality of Work – Strives to perform work with high standards, and with minimal issues
Experience and Requirements:
• Certification in HVAC a plus
• EPA Universal Certification a plus
• HVAC, Mechanical, Maintenance, or Electrical background required
• Owns personal hand tools a plus
• Excellent communication skills
While performing this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift, push, pull, and/or move 50+ pounds. The employee must be capable of bending, twisting, and standing for prolonged periods.
The employee may be exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures, snow, and rain. The employee may be exposed to hazardous chemicals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are a representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are also looking for Electricians, Maintenance Mechanics, and Plumbers certified or not
Trane is more than 100 years old with a history of introducing leading-edge innovations that improve comfort while lowering utility costs. Legendary stories of Trane endure, including a Trane air conditioner that was almost fully submerged in the flood waters of Hurricane Floyd in 1999 but still kept running. All of the components incorporated into Trane products must meet the highest quality standards, and Trane is still the only major manufacturer that makes its own compressors.
We Bring Comfort To You & Your Family
Here at Trane and American Standard we have a made a commitment to bringing in veteran talent. We value your service, your diversity, and commitment you gave in the military, and hope you will bring that same dedication to our organization.
Work on the team of an established yet innovative and growing company delivering superior installation services to our large and diverse customer base. Enjoy the camaraderie of sharp and dedicated team players.
Please contact Robert Walker @