Media Manager - Military Veterans
The Media Manager is responsible to drive brand awareness and store visits through development and execution of media strategies for Ross and dd's DISCOUNTS, in partnership with the Media Director and Media Agencies. The Media Manager is responsible for aligning business and marketing goals for each brand, and for providing strategic guidance and management of media agencies to achieve these. They will analyze media consumption trends, consumer demographics, competitive activity, and prior and current campaign performance to develop strategic media plans. The Manager will also partner with agencies on the execution and analysis of detailed TV, radio, and digital media plans.
Partner with Media Director and Media Agency to develop media strategy
• Develop separate media strategies for two brands: Ross Dress for Less and dd's DISCOUNTS
• Help determine appropriate media mix allocation and roles for each channel and collaborate with creative and social media teams.
• Develop, test and learn roadmap across different video channel strategies (e.g. local and national network, cable, streaming TV, OTT, addressable and other digital video opportunities, etc.)
• Provide guidance to agency partners based on business and marketing goals.
• Work across agency teams, fostering communication and cross channel strategy, insights, fluidity and transparency.
• Stay on top of broader media landscape and consumer trends, including media consumption and advertising platforms / offerings. Attend events and conferences as required. Develop perspective on implications for Ross and dd's DISCOUNTS media strategy.
• Be an expert on competitive media strategies and develop implications for Ross and dd's DISCOUNTS strategy.
Manage TV, radio and digital media planning and buying
• Partner with agencies to develop detailed media plans and buys across channels for TV/video, radio, and digital media including display, streaming audio, short form video and social media.
• Determine target audience, geographies, campaigns, flighting, programming, and reach and frequency goals.
• Develop and execute long form video strategy, integrating planning for linear TV including Local Broadcast and National Cable, and OTT/CTV.
• Manage TV marketing analyst on analysis and reporting, including evaluating buys against plans and prior buys, data pulls for marketing model, competitive media tracking, campaign schedule / creative traffic tracking.
• Manage timelines and approvals needed for campaign execution and measurement.
• Ensure strong stewardship of buys in-flight, and track /manage under-delivery.
Assess effectiveness of media strategy and develop recommendations to drive business results
• Review sales and marketing mix model results and develop recommendations to optimize media strategy.
• Develop and conduct measurement of test and learn initiatives.
• Research and understand measurement/accountability tools, develop recommendations for use cases and evaluate appropriate investment relative to working media dollars.
Manage 3rd party media audit
• Work as a liaison between audit company and media agency.
• Help to develop evaluation criteria and assess scoring parameters.
• Help to incorporate audit results into future recommendations and buy stewardship.
Partner with agencies to ensure strong and effective relationships that drives results
• Hold weekly check-ins with agency partners and develop other communication and touchbases as needed.
• Ensure communications, including reports and presentations, are efficient and informative
• Understand and develop use cases for agency resources (3rd party research, data management tools, etc.)
• Continually look for opportunities to improve agency relationship and deliverables.
Analysis and Judgment
Drive for Results
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Bachelor's degree
• 4-6 years media planning experience, preferably with a media planning and/or advertising agency
• Has a strong creative spirit and desire to innovate with media in the retail business
• Advanced knowledge of Excel
• Strong critical thinking skills and extensive experience with quantitative analysis
• Strong communication skills - verbal, written and presentation
• Must be passionate and naturally curious about customers and media
• Likes working with data and has ability to extract relevant and actionable insights from data analysis.
• Comfortable with operating in a fast-paced environment and dealing with ambiguity
• Flexibility to manage competing priorities and shift focus as determined by changing needs of business
• Occasional travel - ~5% of time
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.
Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store.
It takes an incredible team of individuals to make that possible. Whether you’re new to the workforce or an experienced professional, there’s an opportunity for you. We’re passionate, committed, collaborative, and hands-on—from our Corporate and Buying Offices to our checkouts.
So if you’re ready to be part of a Fortune 500 company that’s growing —you’re ready for a brand new opportunity at Ross Stores, Inc.