Company Name: Gerbes
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Provide technical assistance to the Pharmacist in all areas that a non-pharmacist can legally perform. Provide prompt, courteous customer service. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform functions and responsibilities of a Pharmacy Clerk.
- Provide prompt, courteous customer service.
- Utilize, update, and maintain data on Pharmacy computer system.
- Operate cash register and scanning terminal.
- Maintain Pharmacy files and records.
- Order prescription merchandise from specified sources.
- Process Third Party transactions and forms.
- Call doctors' offices for refill authorizations.
- Fill and package nursing home accounts under direction of pharmacist.
- Process prescriptions and maintain related systems under direction of pharmacist.
- Able to effectively communicate with customers and associates.
- Keep floors, clean, safe, and free from clutter.
- Make a friendly impression on customers.
- Keep inventory of current medications and process orders for new medication shipments.
- Stock shelves with medications.
- Follow all current rules and duties of the Pharmacy, Company, and State and Federal laws.
- Must keep work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Be prompt, tactful, calm, courteous, and professional in all interactions.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Maintain equipment and facilities properly and safely in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Willing to work weekends and holidays.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to make intelligent decisions quickly.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Personal initiative and follow through to completion.
- Strong communication skills and diplomacy when dealing with people.
- Must be able to read shelf tags, signs, product labels, training materials, and bulletins.
- Able to interact with doctors' offices.
- Able to effectively use Pharmacy computer system and equipment.
- Able to perform Pharmacy clerk and/or checker duties.
- Confidentially regarding customer records is expected as a condition of ongoing employment.
- Pharmacy Technician Certification or pass certification exam.
- Vocabulary in pharmacy terms and abbreviations.
- Knowledge of common drugs, dosage forms, and generic names.
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Pharmacy technician work experience or similar experience.
- Past work record reflects dependability and integrity.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to employment practices, and safety.
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Jobs at Dillons, Baker's, and Gerbes: At Dillons, Baker's, and Gerbes, we are always looking for friendly and reliable people for a variety of positions, including management opportunities for those with retail management experience. We offer competitive wages and benefits, a flexible schedule, and room for career advancement. If you're interested in a new opportunity with our company, complete an online application today.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: MO || Columbia || 1729 W Broadway || 65203 || Gerbes || [[mfield2]] || Pharmacy || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None
The Kroger Co. (NYSE:KR) is one of the world's largest grocery retailers, with fiscal 2012 sales of $96.8 billion. The Kroger Co. Family of Stores spans many states with store formats that include grocery and multi-department stores, discount, convenience stores and jewelry stores. We operate under nearly two dozen banners, all of which share the same belief in building strong local ties and brand loyalty with our customers.