Added - 12/31/69
Fixed Base Operations (FBO)
Belgrade, Montana | Full Time
Jet Aviation, a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), has been enabling global flight with passion since 1967. From a single maintenance hangar in Basel, Switzerland, to some 50 locations and 4,000 employees worldwide, our offering includes Aircraft Management, Aircraft Sales, Charter, Completions, Defence, FBO, Maintenance, and Staffing. We are the effort behind effortless. The dream of flying has always been a human fascination, evoking emotions and the sense of freedom. Modern business aviation attracts people who share that passion. People from all over the world converge at Jet Aviation, creating a unique cultural mix. They combine their competencies and passion with one common mission: to serve customers best!
The Senior Manager Line Service is responsible for the overall operation and functioning of the site's Line and Ramp Services team, ensuring safety and compliance for all flight line operations and maintaining excellent standards of customer service.
- Responsible for the overall operation and management of the flight line and line and ramp services team members and supervisors within established operating procedures and regulations
- Responsible for adhering to all safety policies and procedures by managing employees in direct line of reporting
- Responsible for management of hangar stacking and aircraft ramp parking
- Responsible for management of refueling and defueling all types of aircraft on a daily basis, demonstrating knowledge of specific fueling requirements
- Provides management of towing and disconnecting services for all types of aircrafts
- Executes hand signals in order to guide aircraft during arrivals and departures
- Provides service to aircraft using ground support equipment, e.g. use of GPU for aircraft engine starts and ground power, use of lavatory cart and emptying procedures, etc.
- Communicates with employees and/or crew using radios in order to provide excellent customer service
- Creates and manages team schedules and absences; periodically monitoring/working different shifts for team management purposes.
- Manages individual and team performance; supports and monitors the growth and learning of team members
- Responsible for managing budget items such as CapEx, CUPA, etc.
- Provides transportation for customers and pilots to and from aircraft, hotels, restaurants and other parts of the airport with courtesy van or bus, as needed
- Directs aircraft and hangar cleaning, as needed
- Assumes additional responsibilities in the absence of the FBO Supervisor and delegates responsibilities to qualified personnel
- Directs general grounds keeping activities (grass cutting, weeding, picking up paper and trash, general housekeeping, etc.)
- Represents Jet Aviation as one company internally and externally with industry groups, regulatory bodies and the General Dynamics network
- Other duties as assigned
- 10+ years' relevant work experience
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of aviation industry
- Good internal/external commercial awareness
- Experience managing mixed-level team members of professionals and managers and navigating in a matrixed organization
- Experience setting and implementing standards and operational guidelines
- Strong communication skills and experience communicating to diverse internal and external stakeholders
- Extraordinary customer focus
- Strong project management experience
- Strong personal values corresponding with Jet Aviation values (Trust, Honesty, Alignment, Transparency)
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk or sit. The employee is occasionally required to climbs or balance, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds over their heads. Specific vision required for this job include, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust and focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to work in both a heavy maintenance environment and in upscale customer areas. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with occasional high volume when aircrafts arrive/depart. The employee is frequently exposed to vibration. Occasional fuel fumes may permeate the workplace. Employee must be willing and able to work in all types of weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The Hangar environment may be extreme hot and cold during certain seasons of the year.
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Jet Aviation, where individuals are hired, employed, recognized, and advance based upon their individual skills and abilities and without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), status as a protected veteran or any status or characteristic protected from employment discrimination under applicable federal, state and local laws ("EEO status"). This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, promotions, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, and opportunities for training and advancement.
General Dynamics is a global aerospace and defense company.
Our portfolio spans the realm of the world's most technologically advanced business jets, wheeled combat vehicles, command and control systems and nuclear submarines. We offer these through our five business groups: Aerospace, Combat Systems, Information Technology, Mission Systems and Marine Systems.
General Dynamics employs thousands of people across the globe, with locations in more than 45 countries. We rely on the skills of our employees and their knowledge of customer requirements to deliver best-in-class products and services.
Who We Are Looking For
General Dynamics is seeking military veterans and military spouses across the country who bring a deeply rooted skillset that includes team-oriented approaches to problem-solving, demonstrations of leadership and an overall commitment to the mission of the organization. We recognize the knowledge and skills gained during your military experience are invaluable to the success of a team. We’re proud of the thousands of veterans and military professionals who have chosen to apply their leadership, teamwork and problem-solving skills to a career at General Dynamics and to continue supporting the mission of those serving today.
Should I Apply?
At General Dynamics, our employees are the heart of our company. We rely on their dedication to excellence and their intimate knowledge of customer requirements to meet the needs of customers around the globe, day in and day out. Our employees' unique blend of skill, innovation and agility drives our continued success, and we take our responsibility to them seriously. If you are a military veteran or military spouse ready to advance your career, view our available career opportunities to the right for more information and to apply today!
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on a General Dynamics posting, you will be re-directed to fill out an application on General Dynamics career page. In order to be considered for next steps, please complete the application on General Dynamics career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once General Dynamics reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
How to Win An Interview
1. Review the job description for the specific position you are applying for.
2. Review the company website. Know their mission and values. What do they do? What are their products?
3. Prepare a few questions to ask on your interview.
4. Prepare to discuss your military or civilian background and how it relates to the position.
5. Check out the RecruitMilitary Resources tab for resume guidance, interview prep and more!
General Dynamics | Belgrade, Montana
General Dynamics | Belgrade, Montana
Sysco | Bozeman, Montana
Sysco | Belgrade, Montana
Sysco | Bozeman, Montana
Sysco | Manhattan, Montana
Sysco | Four Corners, Montana
Spectrum | Bozeman, Montana
Cintas Corporation | Bozeman, Montana
Avis Budget Group | Belgrade, Montana