Summary / Description
We are currently seeking motivated, career and customer oriented Principal Systems Engineers interested in joining our team in Alexandria, VA and exploring an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
The Principal Systems Engineer Leads the design, development and application of advanced software engineering methods and techniques to the design, analysis, definition, development, evaluation, qualification and/or support of complex products, tools, or technologies in one or more specialized fields. Acts as a source of current and relevant technological, professional and/or market knowledge in areas of specialization.
• Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, cloud-based or Internet-related computer programs.
• Code may be used in commercial or end-user applications, such as materials management, financial management, HRIS, mobile apps or desktop applications products.
• Develop JAVA J2EE based applications and application interfaces to interact Next Gen Patent Applications, develop Java Code to interface with CMS Repositories, Develop Web UI Content and or web services as required.
• Experience using Java J2EE Technologies such as J2EE Framework, PL/SQL, JSP, Junit, XSL SOAP,and XML, experience using MS-SQL, ORACLE, experience deploying code on open source containers such as JBOSS EAP, JBOSS BRMS, JBOSS BPM, JBOSS SEAM, JBoss Developer Studio, JBoss SOA-P but not limiting to the mentioned.
• Expert at troubleshooting application and deployment issues, provide level 1 support from smoke testing to troubleshooting critical application issues. Own and lead troubleshooting effort, Interface between development and external teams to resolve the issue.
• Leads the deployment and maintenance process, orchestration of Jenkin Jobs, coordination for CICM Builds, getting the environment ready for deployments. Interfacing with various support groups and acting as 1st layer for troubleshooting application issues.
• Using current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications.
• Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
• Work with Team Leads in the design, development of application, advanced software engineering methods and techniques to the analysis, definition, development, evaluation, qualification and/or support of complex products, tools or technologies in one or more specialized fields.
• Requires a minimum of 6 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent experience.
• Specific technical skill requirements include proficiency in demonstrating/performing one or more skills in each technical skill group.
• Advanced level knowledge and experience with software and system engineering lifecycle and tools including requirements development, configuration management and software sustainment.
• Advanced knowledge of system and software architecture frameworks.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
We are always looking for team members that have what it takes to be mission critical. At Unisys Federal Systems, our team supports the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers.
Our team members gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
Solving Complex Client Challenges with Reliable IT Solutions
We’re a worldwide technology services and solutions company dedicated to providing clients with reliable, secure IT solutions to cut costs and optimize performance. We apply Unisys expertise in consulting, systems integration, outsourcing, infrastructure, and server technology to help our clients achieve their business goals. We give our clients the visibility to see their business more clearly—ahead of decision points, investments, and risks.
An Innovative Company with a Global Reach
And we’re not just in one or two countries—we're global, operating in over 100 countries and in both hemispheres. So no matter where you are in the world—we’re there too.