Combined Insurance, an industry leader since 1922, is currently seeking a Sales Agent to join our growing team.
For nearly 100 years, Combined Insurance has been providing exceptional products that have helped millions of policyholders and their families plan for and protect their futures. We are known for providing a fun work environment which allows our employees to achieve their personal, business, family and financial goals.
We currently have an exciting W2 Sales Agent opportunity for a self-starter with a goal-oriented mindset who is willing to invest in the pursuit of unlimited earning potential. Are you looking for just an opportunity or are you looking for a sales career?
If You Are
- Motivated by challenges and rewards and can persevere
- Competitive and possess the ability to exceed target goals
- Passionate about sales and meeting customers’ needs
- Willing to invest the time necessary to grow a career
Then we have the career opportunity for you!
We offer a competitive performance-based compensation package; including the opportunity to earn weekly base pay for your first 26 weeks while you are building your clientele, if production requirements are met. Competitive commissions, plus performance bonus opportunities.
W2 Employee Benefits Package Includes
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Prescription Drug Plan
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Plan
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- 401(K) with company match up to 6% and Stock Purchase Plan for those who qualify
Expectations of Job
- Generate sales by meeting with prospective and existing clients
- Meet production and activity standards
- Complete Combined’s industry leading training program both locally and in Chicago headquarters
- Participate in company meetings
- Learn and be able to demonstrate company sales materials
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent needs-based sales and negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to interact with diverse clients
- Demonstrate personal initiative and the ability to problem solve
Knowledge & Experience
- Successful and stable work history
- Basic computer skills (preferred)
- Commissioned sales experience (preferred but not required)
- Knowledge of insurance industry (preferred but not required)
Minimum Criteria To Be Considered
- 1-2 years of sales experience - any industry
- 1-2 years of customer service experience
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Local area travel
- State Accident & Health insurance license or willingness to obtain one during on-boarding
If you are ready to put your sales experience to use in a career that provides a tremendous service to the community you live in, give us a call and make Combined Insurance your new home!
Equal Opportunity Employer
There are hundreds of insurance companies for you to consider when searching for an insurance career, so why should you choose Combined Insurance? A position with Combined Insurance is much more than just an insurance job - we believe it is the opportunity of a lifetime.
We're a leader in the supplemental insurance industry with a rich history, a solid financial base and a bright future ahead of us. We offer exciting insurance careers with unlimited potential for growth and a merit-based system of advancement.
As we continue to grow, we are looking for successful people to become Combined Insurance sales agents. Talented people in our sales force help us maintain our position as an industry leader in supplemental insurance.
Our field managers and support staff are a crucial part of the success of Combined Insurance. These key people help train and manage our agents to be the best they can be, focus on creating and maintaining relationships with businesses and their employees and assist our in-field staff with support from the home office.
Our growth also means we need quality people behind the scenes, in our corporate offices, to serve both our customers and our sales force. There is a variety of exciting insurance career opportunities in our corporate offices to explore.
AT&T | Providence, Rhode Island
General Dynamics | Newport, Rhode Island
General Dynamics | Newport, Rhode Island
Raytheon | Portsmouth, Rhode Island
NTT DATA | Newport, Rhode Island
Clean Harbors & Safety-Kleen | Cranston, Rhode Island
AT&T | , Rhode Island
CVS Health | , Rhode Island
First Command Financial Services, Inc. | Newport, Rhode Island
Arrow Electronics | , Rhode Island