- Understands that safety is the number one priority and practices safe behaviors in everything they do and assists Store Leadership in maintaining a safe and secure environment for both Associates and Customers.
- Provides visible “command” presence, including prominent greetings with eye contact, at Store entrances/exits and on sales floor in a Company issued vest/required black attire, monitoring for potential safety issues.
- Removes clutter and ensures safe, clear egress to emergency exits.
- Provides great Customer service by prominently greeting Customers, making eye contact, smiling and answering questions in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Treats all Customers and Associates with respect.
- Demonstrates courtesy, friendliness, and professionalism at all times. Recognizes Associates using Company recognition programs.
- Regular involvement with internal and external partners. May include conference calls, scheduled district meetings, educating Associates, providing recognition, etc.
- Other duties as assigned to support Loss Prevention initiatives.
- Represents and supports the Company brand at all times.
- Maintains a professional appearance, in accordance with Company dress code.
- Monitors entrances/exits as well as sales floor for potential theft by identifying suspicious behavior.
- Gathers theft indicators and uses internal or external intelligence to impact shortage trends. Effectively communicates to Store Leadership and Loss Prevention Leadership.
- Adheres to Company policy for external theft response.
- Executes all Company Best Practices and maximizes productivity by minimizing steps and touches while working.
- Increases Store awareness on effective processes to minimize operational shortage. Trains and educates Associates on shortage reduction initiatives.
- Observes and validates proper checkout procedures for Customers and Associates.
- Manages Work Processes
- Business Acumen
- Plans, Aligns & Prioritizes
- Builds Talent
- Leading by Example
- Communicates Effectively
- Ensures Accountability & Execution
- High School education or equivalent required, AA degree preferred.
- One year retail supervisor experience or similar training preferred.
- One year loss prevention/security training preferred.
- Active Security Guard License preferred
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with the Store team.
- Excellent Customer service skills.
- Proven ability to effectively resolve conflict.
- Must be able to comply with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations for security positions, including but not limited to, additional background screening, physical examination, fingerprinting and/or drug and alcohol testing.
- Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking, and moving around the Store.
- Must be able to raise or lower objects more than 25 lbs., from one level to another (includes upward pulling).
- Must be able to regularly bend, stoop, or crouch (frequency and duration will vary per daily business need).
- Certain assignments may require other qualifications and skills.
Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store.
It takes an incredible team of individuals to make that possible. Whether you’re new to the workforce or an experienced professional, there’s an opportunity for you. We’re passionate, committed, collaborative, and hands-on—from our Corporate and Buying Offices to our checkouts.
So if you’re ready to be part of a Fortune 500 company that’s growing —you’re ready for a brand new opportunity at Ross Stores, Inc.
Ross Stores, Inc. | Cinnaminson, New Jersey
Ross Stores, Inc. | Holmes, Pennsylvania
Ross Stores, Inc. | Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Ross Stores, Inc. | Warminster, Pennsylvania
Ross Stores, Inc. | Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania
Ross Stores, Inc. | Glassboro, New Jersey
Ross Stores, Inc. | Levittown, Pennsylvania
Ross Stores, Inc. | Burlington, New Jersey
Ross Stores, Inc. | Washington Township, New Jersey
Ross Stores, Inc. | Lansdale, Pennsylvania