Norfolk Veterans Job Fair
October 31, 2019
Job Fair in Norfolk
Mission: Career Transition - Take Charge of Tomorrow with Career Ready Prep
At 10:00 AM, DeVry University will be hosting the seminar, Mission: Career Transition.
At the event, DeVry University’s Career Services professionals will provide strategies on how to navigate a career fair, enhance your professional message and how to follow up after a career fair. Career Services professionals will also be available to answer any questions you might have about your job search.
Register separately for the seminar at rmvets.com devrycc_norfolk .
Following the seminar, DeVry will be offering mints, hand sanitizer and seats to recharge at their booth. Stop by to take advantage of this recharging station and ask any additional questions you may have about your job search.
Hiring Event in Norfolk, VA
59 Registered Exhibitors
Upcoming Job Fair Information
Job Seeker Venue Information
- The Job Fair will take place at the Decker Half Moone Center on the upper level in the Vista Room.
Hourly paid parking is available at several garages within walking distance. The closest is directly across the street in the West Plume Street Garage.
Metered street parking is also available. Please note your time to avoid going over and risking a ticket.
Tide lightrail services: The MacArthur Square Station would be the most convenient. It is a 2 block walking distance. It’s located “between Bank and Atlantic Streets on the east and west and between City Hall Avenue and Plume Street on the north and south.” Candidates would walk 2 blocks west on Plume, cross the street and be at Nauticus.
Please use following link for additional details:
Event Preparation Resources
Watch our Resume and Interview Prep Webinars
Event Success Tips
- Review the exhibitor list and conduct research to help you engage effectively.
- Visit every exhibitor - find the hidden opportunity that might be perfect for you.
- Take a moment to practice your 30-second elevator pitch.
- Make eye contact and confidently greet each recruiter with a smile and firm handshake.
- Deliver your elevator pitch and engage in conversation.
- Get the recruiter’s contact information and ask about the best way to follow-up.
- Within 24 hours, follow-up with every company that interests you.
- Visit our resource center for additional resources