Birmingham Veterans Job Fair
August 17, 2017
Job Fair in Birmingham
Hiring Event in Birmingham, AL
48 Registered Exhibitors
Upcoming Job Fair Information
Job Seeker Venue Information
- The Job Fair will take place in the Art and Tech Room.
Complimentary Parking is available to the first 300 JOB SEEKERS in the McWane Center's parking deck located adjacent to the facility on 2nd Avenue North. A token will be issued at registration check-in. The token is ONLY valid for the McWane Center parking garage. It is NOT valid at any other local parking facilities.
Additional street parking is also available on the streets surrounding the center. On Monday – Friday there is a 2-hour limit on the street parking. The meter charges $0.25/hour and spaces are based on availability.
Located in downtown Birmingham, McWane Center is easily accessible from Interstate 65, Interstate 59/20, Highway 31 and Highway 280.
From Montgomery / Hoover, Take I-65 North to exit 260-B. Follow 3rd Ave N to 19th St. Turn right. McWane Center is located on the corner of 2nd Ave and 19th St N.
From Huntsville / Gardendale, Take I-65 South to exit 260. Turn left at the 4th traffic signal. Follow 3rd Ave N to 19th St. Turn right. McWane Center is located at the corner of 2nd Ave and 19th St N.
From Chattanooga / Gadsden, Take I-59/20 South/West to exit 125-B. Turn left. Follow 22nd St to 2nd Ave North. Turn right. McWane Center is located at the corner of 2nd Ave and 19th St N.
From Tuscaloosa / Bessemer, Take I-59/20 North/East to exit 125. Turn right. Follow 22nd St to 2nd Ave North. Turn right. McWane Center is located at the corner of 2nd Ave and 19th St N.
From Auburn / Inverness, Take Hwy 31/280 to the 2nd Ave N exit. Follow 2nd Ave N. McWane Center is located at the corner of 2nd Ave and 19th St N.
Event Preparation Resources
Watch our Resume and Interview Prep Webinars
Event Success Tips
- Review the exhibitor list and conduct research to help you engage effectively.
- Visit every exhibitor - find the hidden opportunity that might be perfect for you.
- Take a moment to practice your 30-second elevator pitch.
- Make eye contact and confidently greet each recruiter with a smile and firm handshake.
- Deliver your elevator pitch and engage in conversation.
- Get the recruiter’s contact information and ask about the best way to follow-up.
- Within 24 hours, follow-up with every company that interests you.
- Visit our resource center for additional resources