Austin Veterans Job Fair
April 4, 2019
Job Fair in Austin
Hiring Event in Austin, TX
38 Registered Exhibitors
Upcoming Job Fair Information
Job Seeker Venue Information
The Job Fair will take place in the Lone Star Room of the Frank C. Erwin, Jr Special Events Center.
Enter through the Red River Entrance facing Red River Street.
Complimentary parking has been secured for Lot 108 located adjacent to the south side of the center. Please identify yourself to the lot attendant as "RecruitMilitary" to access the lot. Proceed up the ramp to the exterior concourse, then down the stairs to Red River Street, turn right, entrance doors will be halfway down on your right. If lot is full, paid parking is available in nearby garages (see below).
Additional parking can be found in two nearby garages (payment to be made at the exit kiosks, accepting only credit and debit cards):
HEALTH CENTER GARAGE - Click HERE for details.
The Health Center Garage is the closer of the two to the venue space.
TRINITY GARAGE - Click HERE for details.
There are also several bus stops within one block of the center.
Event Preparation Resources
Attend an Interview Prep Webinar
Event Success Tips
- Review the exhibitor list and conduct research to help you engage effectively.
- Visit every exhibitor - find the hidden opportunity that might be perfect for you.
- Take a moment to practice your 30-second elevator pitch.
- Make eye contact and confidently greet each recruiter with a smile and firm handshake.
- Deliver your elevator pitch and engage in conversation.
- Get the recruiter’s contact information and ask about the best way to follow-up.
- Within 24 hours, follow-up with every company that interests you.
- Visit our resource center for additional resources