Austin Veterans Job Fair
April 2, 2020
Job Fair in Austin
LEVERAGING LINKEDIN WORKSHOP
Join us to learn how to use LinkedIn to find your next job.
You will walk away knowing:
- How to position your LinkedIn profile so you can be easily found
- How to use LinkedIn to connect with recruiters and hiring managers
- How to build your network with strategic connections
When you use LinkedIn to its fullest potential, you will have hiring managers and recruiters knocking down your door to put you in a job that isn’t even posted!
Register separately for the seminar at rmvets.com/newhoriz_austin.
Hiring Event in Austin, TX
23 Registered Exhibitors
Upcoming Job Fair Information
Job Seeker Venue Information
The Job Fair will take place in the Lone Star Room of the Frank C. Erwin, Jr Special Events Center.
Enter through the Red River Entrance facing Red River Street.
Parking can be found in two nearby garages (payment to be made at the exit kiosks, accepting only credit and debit cards):
HEALTH CENTER GARAGE - Click HERE for details.
The Health Center Garage is the closer of the two to the venue space.
TRINITY GARAGE - Click HERE for details.
There are also several bus stops within one block of the center.
Event Preparation Resources
Watch our Resume and Interview Prep Webinars
Event Success Tips
- Review the exhibitor list and conduct research to help you engage effectively.
- Visit every exhibitor - find the hidden opportunity that might be perfect for you.
- Take a moment to practice your 30-second elevator pitch.
- Make eye contact and confidently greet each recruiter with a smile and firm handshake.
- Deliver your elevator pitch and engage in conversation.
- Get the recruiter’s contact information and ask about the best way to follow-up.
- Within 24 hours, follow-up with every company that interests you.
- Visit our resource center for additional resources